` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't say Ultra, New, Better, Enhanced, SHDC, Platinum or anything along those lines on the box.
I took a picture of pretty much every thing that came with it.
tongue.gif

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could you make the pictures a little more blury? I can almost make shapes out.

Anyway... from what I can make out, it looks exactly like my '2nd Gen' R4 (the non-spring loaded one), minus the CD.
But don't take that as confirmation, the MicroSD reader and case are common items that can be bought in bulk or cheaply manufactured and often accompany clones/fakes to make it harder to spot or more convincing.

A higher quality pic of the front of the card, the back of the card and the front of the box would go a long way to helping determine if it's real or fake.

If you can't take better pics, you can run down this checklist:
twiztidsinz said:
A "No" to any/all of these would indicate you have a clone:
-- Does it have a black philips (+) screw on the back?
-- Does it have a circle depression with a plastic dot on the back?
-- Is the MicroSD slot on the top of the card (opposite the contacts)?
-- Does the MicroSD slot have an 'etch' of a MicroSD card below it?
-- Is the 'etch' clean and crisp (not blurry/fuzzy)?
-- Are the contacts "bright" gold (not dull or dingy)?
-- Are the contacts uniform thickness with distinct, even gaps between them?
-- Do the contacts end flatly and connect to the tracks/traces (not gradually taper off)?

A "Yes" to any/all of these would indicate you have a clone:
-- Does it support SDHC cards (MicroSDs over 2GB)?
-- Is the case glued togeter or lacking a screw?
-- Does the plastic feel soft or cheap?
Please not this isn't 100% accurate for determining real/fake status, but is a good indication IMO.

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try and get better quality pictures up soon, don't have my camera with me for a while though. I have bought this recently, in November of 2009.

Everything on the checklist is fine though.

-- Are the contacts "bright" gold (not dull or dingy)?

They're not extremely bright, but they do not look very dull.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks the exact same as mine did when it came lol

And according to the checklist mine is real
biggrin.gif

And now I'm off to buy an Acekard lol(Little saving 1st)

VinceIP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks exactly like mine. It all depends on where you buy it.

I bought my from digimartz.com. I got a 2 in 1 pack for $33. It came with a legit R4 and a legit EZ-Flash 3 in 1. It took a little over two weeks to come but you really can't beat that price.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VinceIP said:
...$33. It came with a legit R4 and a legit EZ-Flash 3 in 1. It took a little over two weeks to come but you really can't beat that price.
Maybe you couldn't beat the $ outlay, but you could sure as hell spend those dollars a lot more wisely! Approx. $25 for 3-in-1, allows for $8 for the R4 = bad value. R4 is crap / out-dated / unsupported / has continual game compatibility issues (even with some old games).

@regret. (excellent choice of username, given your cart
rolleyes.gif
),
Pics look the same as my old legit R4DS and I've had it for about 2.5 yrs. Not sure why you posted front of box twice and chose not to show back of box...anyway...all else appears identical.

VinceIP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding? R4DS has near perfect compatibility. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's outdated and useless by any means. I have never had a single problem with it and it does everything I want it to flawlessly. It doesn't even need more updates.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VinceIP said:
Are you kidding? R4DS has near perfect compatibility. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's outdated and useless by any means. I have never had a single problem with it and it does everything I want it to flawlessly. It doesn't even need more updates.
You're enjoying the new Sonic games, then? Bookworm and Bejewelled Twist? You play Pokemon HG/SS without random freezing? Yes? Yes?

No.

VinceIP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New game obviously are going to have some problems. They'll show up on newer cards too. It's not like the industry isn't aware of what we're doing. They're coming up with new ways to prevent piracy every day. In the end, patches still always appear for pretty much any card.

If you're the type to keep up with every new DS release then no, you probably wouldn't want the R4 in the long run. But aside from some games released in the past month or so, it does everything perfectly. Especially with the added support of patches.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
VinceIP said:
New game obviously are going to have some problems. They'll show up on newer cards too. It's not like the industry isn't aware of what we're doing. They're coming up with new ways to prevent piracy every day. In the end, patches still always appear for pretty much any card.

If you're the type to keep up with every new DS release then no, you probably wouldn't want the R4 in the long run. But aside from some games released in the past month or so, it does everything perfectly. Especially with the added support of patches.

Are you using YSMenu?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VinceIP said:
Are you kidding? Nope, not even a wry grin....just checked the mirror
R4DS has near perfect compatibility. Any takers? Allright, I'll go...total BS and can never, ever be an accurate description for an R4/clone
Just because it's old doesn't mean it's outdated and useless by any means. did I say "old" with my reference to outdated? Can't see that word, meh. Anyway, when I said outdated I was referring to the fact that it hasn't been supported for almost 2 years now
I have never had a single problem with it and it does everything I want it to flawlessly. What the heck does "I want it flawlessly" mean? What, in bed?
It doesn't even need more updates.What, ever? Or, even more stupidly, are you trying to tell us that your R4 plays every single game flawlessly (up to and inc. Pokemon HG/SS) = BS
Game over, next opponent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)