Hacking Is My PS4 dead? CE-34335-8 PS4 Error Code...

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello guys!!

As of today my PS4 Slim died all of a sudden for some reason...
Sometimes when I launch HEN 1.6 (offline cache), the PS4 crashes and reboots. After that it works. But this time it crashed and I received that error code CE-34335-8.. :(

I bought this PS4, 3-4 months ago and also purchased a new 2TB HDD (Seagate FireCuda 2.5" SSHD (2 TB) ST2000LX001) with it.

I've been reading that my HDD might be defected or corrupted... I don't know if it had to do anything with HEN 1.6 but is this normal? I mean the HDD is new :(
Is there a way I can repair it?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That error code is the one for when the ps4 can't detect the hdd. So something has went wrong with your new hard drive.
Do you think it has something to do with the crashes when launching HEN 1.6?
And is it possible to repair it? Or is it beyond repair? :(

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're not worried about the data, take it out (while you do so pay attention to wether or not it is seated well and any other possible problems) then mount it (in another computer) and create a new filesystem and run a disk check utility on it.
It may be corrupt due to crashing a lot if you're just leaving your PS4 in rest mode with applications open. That's a well known issue and I'm sure if it crashes during disk operations (such as the ones that occur when writing the RAM to the hard disk when going into hibernation or "Rest Mode") its going to eventually cause corruption to the data.
The good news is that corruption isn't fatal, but I would suggest if you have't already disabled the option to suspend open applications in Rest Mode, to do so in the future.

Last edited by DayVeeBoi, , Reason: clarity again

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're not worried about the data, take it out (while you do so pay attention to wether or not it is seated well and any other possible problems) then mount it (in another computer) and create a new filesystem and run a disk check utility on it. It may be corrupt due to crashing a lot if you're just leaving your PS4 in rest mode with applications open. That's a well known issue and I'm sure if it crashes during disk operations (such as the ones that occur when writing the RAM to the hard disk when going into hibernation or "Rest Mode") its to eventually cause corruption to the data. The good news is that corruption isn't fatal, but I would suggest if you have't already disabled the option to suspend open applications in Rest Mode, to do so in the future.
That pretty much covers everything I was just about to type out lol.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That pretty much covers everything I was just about to type out lol.
LOL, yeah I saw the little message pop up while I was typing that said "new messages have been posted" and I was sure someone else just typed the same thing as me but faster.

You can get the next one though:rofl2:

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you're not worried about the data, take it out (while you do so pay attention to wether or not it is seated well and any other possible problems) then mount it (in another computer) and create a new filesystem and run a disk check utility on it.
It may be corrupt due to crashing a lot if you're just leaving your PS4 in rest mode with applications open. That's a well known issue and I'm sure if it crashes during disk operations (such as the ones that occur when writing the RAM to the hard disk when going into hibernation or "Rest Mode") its going to eventually cause corruption to the data.
The good news is that corruption isn't fatal, but I would suggest if you have't already disabled the option to suspend open applications in Rest Mode, to do so in the future.

Thank you for the reply! :D
I have never left my PS4 on rest mode, I always shut it down when I'm finished playing. I don't even know how to put it in rest mode:rofl2:
But I can assure you that I always shut it down... :(

In other words all my data is gone? :(
How did this even happen?

But let say that it's beyond repair, and I'm going to buy other HDD... Should I buy the same one it go with another?
I bought this one since it's a hybrid between HDD and SSD, so it's a bit faster than a regular HDD.
Or won't it matter since the new HDD will also eventually crash?
I had this HDD for like 3 months, will all the HDD I buy be like this? :(

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL, yeah I saw the little message pop up while I was typing that said "new messages have been posted" and I was sure someone else just typed the same thing as me but faster.

You can get the next one though:rofl2:
Yep that's exactly what happened to me. I was typing my message on my phone
Thank you for the reply! :D
I have never left my PS4 on rest mode, I always shut it down when I'm finished playing. I don't even know how to put it in rest mode:rofl2:
But I can assure you that I always shut it down... :(

In other words all my data is gone? :(
How did this even happen?

But let say that it's beyond repair, and I'm going to buy other HDD... Should I buy the same one it go with another?
I bought this one since it's a hybrid between HDD and SSD, so it's a bit faster than a regular HDD.
Or won't it matter since the new HDD will also eventually crash?
I had this HDD for like 3 months, will all the HDD I buy be like this? :(
A hdd should last a minimum of about 4 to 5 years so you seem to have bought a defective one. What is the warranty period for electrical devices in your country here it's 3 years for any computer components.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, not all of your data is gone. I dont know if it is, it my be recoverable. I was saying if you don't care about the data, then you could wipe your disc (thereby losing all your data). The problem is that I don't think you will be able to mount the HDD under another system without formtting it and losing your data. There arent many (any at all that I know of) disk repair and recovery tools for PS4. I mean the first thing you could try is just wiping the system inside your ps4 and start again and see if that works. But if you are wiping the data you may as well just take it out and try to diagnose the issue. Do you have an external USB hard drive enclosure or adapter?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This page http://www DOT ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=9728 has a tutorial that will help you, but I don't want to expose this link to random clicks, so I broke the URL with the word "DOT" instead of a "."

The reason I am doing this is because it is said that that particular website is using cryptojacking to mine some sort of currency. One thing that I forgot to mention you should try is to boot into recovery mode on your PS4 and choose "rebuild database" if you haven't done so already.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, not all of your data is gone. I dont know if it is, it my be recoverable. I was saying if you don't care about the data, then you could wipe your disc (thereby losing all your data). The problem is that I don't think you will be able to mount the HDD under another system without formtting it and losing your data. There arent many (any at all that I know of) disk repair and recovery tools for PS4. I mean the first thing you could try is just wiping the system inside your ps4 and start again and see if that works. But if you are wiping the data you may as well just take it out and try to diagnose the issue. Do you have an external USB hard drive enclosure or adapter?

This page http://www DOT ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=9728 has a tutorial that will help you, but I don't want to expose this link to random clicks, so I broke the URL with the word "DOT" instead of a "."

The reason I am doing this is because it is said that that particular website is using cryptojacking to mine some sort of currency. One thing that I forgot to mention you should try is to boot into recovery mode on your PS4 and choose "rebuild database" if you haven't done so already.

Wow thank you so much for this reply and information!!! :D

I THINK i have an adapter for the HDD, I just have to search for it. And I have 3 external HDD, can I do anything with those?
Also how do I wipe the PS4 system?

Let say that I find my adapter and connect the HDD into the computer, which software should I use to format it? And should I be NTFS, Exfat or FAT32?

I tried that link you wrote, but the link in PS3hax doesn't work anymore.

And also, IF I'm going to buy a new HDD, do you recommend buying the same one? Or should I go with another?
I've seen some HDD that has 64MB, 128 MB cache, does it matter which one I pick?

EDIT: Or maybe I should just make a new thread about what HDD other recommends :P

Last edited by Naxster,

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you're going for a replacement, Western Digital for HDD (Been using this brand for over 25years), Samsung or Sandisk for SSD, never had issues with those.
Had my share of Maxtor and Seagate fails, by the way.

Last edited by jmrodrigues,

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Guys I'm sorry if I bump this, but I got the same code again WITH the same HDD MODEL!! WTF?! :'(

I replaced it a year ago and got the same one HDD model, but nopeeee even this one died today....
Ffs that hard drive really suck!

I think it's because of all those crashes when I start HEN.. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it crashes and reboots...

I'm going to get my HDD replaced AGAIN, and I have to get all the games again, BUT is there a way to reduce the crashes when we start HEN?
And which HDD should I get this time?
Is a "regular HDD okay, or should I get one with SSD? :)

Last edited by Naxster,
Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I'm sorry if I bump this, but I got the same code again WITH the same HDD MODEL!! WTF?! :'(

I replaced it a year ago and got the same one HDD model, but nopeeee even this one died today....

I think it's because of all those crashes when I start HEN.. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it crashes and reboots...

I'm going to get my HDD replaced AGAIN, and I have to get all the games again, BUT is there a way to reduce the crashes when we start HEN?
Issue a "regular HDD okay, or should I get one with SSD? :)

Cache your exploits.

Give the system 20-30 seconds to boot up before running anything.

Try removing any USB devices prior to running HEN, then plugging them back in when its enabled.

It never hurts to give your PS4 a reboot, in between running HEN and turning off your console, to ensure stability.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Cache your exploits.

Try removing any USB devices prior to running HEN, then plugging them back in when its enabled.

It never hurts to give your PS4 a reboot, in between running HEN and turning off your console, to ensure stability.

It was cached :(

I don't know exactly how long i waited, but i think it was between 15-25 seconds :/
I should wait a few more seconds next time...

I never have any USB devices connected to my console, well except when im installing games, but i always start HEN first then i connect the USB

I always turned off my PS4 when i'm done playing :(

cost69er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is a "regular HDD okay, or should I get one with SSD? :)
i reduced panic crashes by removing my external during boot up.once im up and running reattaching it. actually i brought a sabrent enclosure with a on off switch so i dont have to remove it anymore

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Cache your exploits.

KiiWii when i get a new HDD (for the third time), how should i install it? I forgot how i did it the last time :P
Should i insert the new HDD and boot up normal the first time?
OR should i download the 5.05 PUP and update it directly from the Safe mode? :)

i reduced panic crashes by removing my external during boot up.once im up and running reattaching it. actually i brought a sabrent enclosure with a on off switch so i dont have to remove it anymore

The thing is that i don't a thing attached to the console (except the Power cable and HDMI). Other than that, i don't have USB attached to it.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@theasker with your console off, take out the old one, put in the new one, have 5.05 rec or sys pup on your usb stick ready. Boot it up and format the hdd and reinstall the system software.

Bingo :)
Don't i need to go to Safe mode? I mean just in case, so it doesn't update above 5.05 :P
I read in your guide that in the safe mode we should pick option 7 (Reinstall the System software) :)

I think i remember doing that the last time :/

@theasker may as well asks you what HDD model you are planning to get, perhaps I and @KiiWii can give you some suggestion.

Edit: Nevermind I was gonna recommend the same HDD he is using, that is what I have in mine.
Believe me i want to pick another HDD, but the store i bought it from ONLY have 3 Seagate HDD that is 2,5"".... Real bummer... -.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill