Homebrew Is my new 3DS bricked ?

Krystal_Lavander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your sd is corrupted. You can be sure. My file system was corrupted last week and nothing worked. The sd was the problem. You didn't brick, believe me.

Is the Nintedo3DS repertory been corrupted, or the sd card itself ? Because i was able to read it with my pc. And i was unable to boot any arm9loaderhax.bin.

Also, the nand.bin that was restored has nothing to do with arm9loaderhax since its a pre-hack backup.

So i didn't understand why a corrupted sd card can cause a blackscreen whit no backlights. I'm pretty sure i tried to boot my console without sd card with no success. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm gonna tell the technician who has my console to try it. Thanks you. ;)

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the Nintedo3DS repertory been corrupted, or the sd card itself ? Because i was able to read it with my pc. And i was unable to boot any arm9loaderhax.bin.

Also, the nand.bin that was restored has nothing to do with arm9loaderhax since its a pre-hack backup.

So i didn't understand why a corrupted sd card can cause a blackscreen whit no backlights. I'm pretty sure i tried to boot my console without sd card with no success. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm gonna tell the technician who has my console to try it. Thanks you. ;)
Sometimes, if you have a DS cart/flashcart inside, the console freezes with a black screen. Keep it in mind.

Krystal_Lavander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sometimes, if you have a DS cart/flashcart inside, the console freezes with a black screen. Keep it in mind.

Thanks, it's good to know. :)
But i have none of those, unfortunately. :wink:

I haven't news from the technician, i hope he found the problem. Since i cannot understand why a nand restore did not solve this at all.

Krystal_Lavander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With a9lh, it'll just turn itself off if it can't load the bin file. Which happens with a bad sd.

Yes, this is precisely what it didn't happen, the console stays on for approximately 10sec and the screens aren't back lighted.
Also the console is not anymore on a9lh. It was restored back to a clean stock 9.2 firm with hardmod, and the problem is still here. :(

That is why i doubt on a potentially corrupted sd card.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Well, I would still go ahead and backup the SD data, then format it to FAT32 with 32kb cluster size, then get back the data to the SD and try again. I would even try with no data in the SD at all, or an SD from a different console or even without any SD, just to see what happens.

If it is now on clean stock 9.2, it should start without an SD. If it doesn't, probably it is still trying to load a9hl from somewhere, a corrupted one. You may be running out of options.

Reactions: Krystal_Lavander

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhoho, it would take longer then that
In 15 years, computers will be about 32x their present speed. We can currently crack 64 bit key given enough time. If I'm not mistaken, the 3DS uses 256 bit xor encryption? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Krystal_Lavander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks you all for your help, you were all actually helpfull. :yay:

I think i sended a wrong backup perhaps with a arm9lh/menuhax corrupted to the technician that was in fact unable to fix the console with a wrong backup. :p1ng:
He finally succeed to fix my console with the stock nand backup.

The solution if someone reading this has the same problem was to flash the stock nand backup (the one you do before doing any hax) as someone told me to do it in the first page.

Ask @milerwan if you needed a hardmod in europe. :yaynds:

Last edited by Krystal_Lavander,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.