edwrar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one?

Nowadays "R4" simply means the design - there is no "real" R4 out there anymore, although the Team did seem to resurface lately.

There *are* DSi and 3DS compatible R4's out there, it's just that they're mostly horrible clones and the only one that's worth anyone's time is the R4iGold.cn.

A review is available HERE, written by yours faithfuly Rydian.

The card pretty much offers the same functionality as the Acekard 2i thanks to Wood compatibility and is more affordable.

I'm pretty sure he said his R4 was the original!
I guess in 2008 there weren't these many R4 clones as today!
Although it's irrelevant considering it's not read by his 3DS!
I don't care about the R4 card bricking, I'm scared of my 3DS bricking. wait, so if a blocked card is put in a 3ds, the 3ds cannot be bricked because the card didn't play on the 3DS in the first place?

and yeah, i'm pretty sure my super old R4 card is legit. I got it when the R4 wasn't so popular back then.

sorry for all the questions, you guys are giving superb help. ^^

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo has no actual way of bricking a console nor can they legally perform such an action if they actually had. This is the 100th thread like this, knowing life.

@[member='VMM']

Yeah, I realized that after he posted, but seeing that he'll need a new flashcart anyways, I might as well leave the recommendation there.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm pretty sure there was a official topic of flashcard recommendation, but I don't remember anywhere! :D
The most popular choices are DSTwo and AK2i!
DSTwo is the most expensive flashcard, and the best, it has a internal CPU, plays SNES, GBA, movies and has some exclusive functionalities
AK2i is very good and cheap, it has akaio wich is frequently updated, and is one of the best flashcard kernels we ever had! If you're just looking for DS games, AK2i should be more than enough!

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure there was a official topic of flashcard recommendation, but I don't remember anywhere! :D
DSTwo is the most expensive flashcard, and the best, it has a internal CPU, plays SNES, GBA, movies and has some exclusive functionalities
AK2i is very good and cheap, it has akaio wich is frequently updated, and is one of the best flashcard kernels we ever had! If you're just looking for DS games, AK2i should be more than enough!
no this thread wasn't about flash recs

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
no
Yeah, uh, I'm going to have to ask for you to actually provide any sort of backing for your side of the argument.

I mean if this is too much to ask of you that's understandable, but it's really preferred.

edwrar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question, does nintendo know everything you do about your 3ds? I heard I heard that they do. Like knowing how long/what games you play.

edwrar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no this thread wasn't about flash recs

He has a flashcard, and it does not work on 3DS!
I guess it's not exagerate to suggest him what flashcards are recommended!
Probably he'd ask it anyway!

Thanks for your consideration! I'm not going to buy a flashcart though :/ mainly because I made a decision to believe that piracy is wrong. But I respect your decision wholeheartedly! I was only wondering if my old R4 would work since my friend asked if it could.

One more question, does nintendo know everything you do about your 3ds? I heard I heard that they do. Like knowing how long/what games you play.
Sort of, but the flash cart shows up as another game when you run it. You can erase those logs anyways.

I wonder if the R4 was even logged because the 3DS screen was black until I got scared. only the blue light was on. It was on for abt 3 sec until I got scared. What exactly happens when a blocked flash card is put in?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder if the R4 was even logged because the 3DS screen was black until I got scared. only the blue light was on. It was on for abt 3 sec until I got scared. What exactly happens when a blocked flash card is put in?

It's normal to have a 3-sec waiting for it to turn on.
Don't worry, your 3DS is perfectly fine :lol:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would assume that if they DO collect information like this then it's likely in a fashion similar to the Lately Played list on the Wii, and even if they DO know what the 3DS was booting, they cannot enforce anything upon the user.

edwrar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's normal to have a 3-sec waiting for it to turn on.
Don't worry, your 3DS is perfectly fine :lol:

I hope so! haha

If it's read it shows up, but the DSi/3DS gives you a generic error message when you try to run it.

I didn't receive an error message. I turned it on, got scared, pressed the off button, closed the 3ds, then it turned off by itself. I guess I tried turning it off before it showed that. hopefully my 3DS is fine/ didn't detect it in the first place! EDIT: is there anyway to test if the 3DS detected it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1