Homebrew Is it worth the upgrade from a9lh to bs9?

VictorMoreno015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a common thread but I can't seem to find any Q/A or anything that answers questions.
What is the worth of the upgrade? Other than the faster boot I can't really find anything that implies that bs9 having more features or anything like that.

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a common thread but I can't seem to find any Q/A or anything that answers questions.
What is the worth of the upgrade? Other than the faster boot I can't really find anything that implies that bs9 having more features or anything like that.
Luma officially dropped support for arm9loaderhax and menuhax as of 7.1 . So, if you want to update Luma ever, then you should switch.

dragonslayer817

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. A9lh is now considered outdated and Luma will only support .firm (sighax/b9s) from now on. It's also very simple and there's almost no reason to not upgrade

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja
D

Deleted User

Right now? No.
those of us that have upgraded have upgraded out of the sheer prospect of possible new things. But it's far from necessary.

This.
Boot9Strap is by no means necessary right now, but installing it is a good way to future-proof your device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1