Is it worth it upgrading to a class-10 sd card?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Azureth, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Azureth
    OP

Newcomer Azureth Newbie

United States
    I currently am using a class-4 and it seems to work okay as far as DS games go, but my GBA games have noticeable slow down; all of them. Would a class-10 help as well as making everything else run better?

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I'm not sure of this, but the DSTwo sports 16MB of RAM, so games big less than 16MBs are most certainly entirely loaded in RAM.

Access speeds might benefit large games like MOTHER3, but I'm still pretty sure that GBA is slow because it's emulated (and the DSTwo isn't that strong to start with) and not because of access speeds.

tl;dr, buy one if you find it cheap, but keep in mind that there's a HIGH chance it won't improve GBA speed.

3. apretz

Newcomer apretz wat

United States
    Hey Azureth, have you tried increasing the CPU frequency under the "Others" setting category in the GBA emulator? A lot of roms will work much better at a setting of 3 or 4, at the cost of battery life.
    Unfortunately getting a high class SD card won't affect slowdown in the games: if anything it'll just improve initial loading time. However a class 10 SD is a lot faster when copying files to the SD card from your computer, which is why I got one.