Gaming Is it worth it to buy animal crossing new leaf now?

Daniel72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
First thing first, will animal crossing even release for the Switch? If it doesn't I'm definitely going to buy New Leaf, but would it be worth buying if animal crossing switch comes out?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First thing first, will animal crossing even release for the Switch? If it doesn't I'm definitely going to buy New Leaf, but would it be worth buying if animal crossing switch comes out?
No clue on switch. ACNL is a fun game in itself. Get it if you enjoy it and dont worry of if a switch one comes.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
First thing first, will animal crossing even release for the Switch?

No official announcement yet for the switch. No one can tell unless nintendo announce themselves.

If it doesn't I'm definitely going to buy New Leaf, but would it be worth buying if animal crossing switch comes out?

Animal crossing: New Leaf is a solid release for the 3ds. Its a completely different game and it is worth it for what it is now. direct comparison for future releases is not a debating matter. It is like youre asking us if i need to play the first 6 generations of the pokemon games since a new pokemon game will come out for the switch. If you like the franchise, i would definitely recommend grabbing ACNL. You couldve finished it by the time a new Animal Crossing game comes out

Last edited by chirogan,

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
As was the case with previous games, you can migrate the save file from an old version to the new, so if you pick ACNL now you can start playing and switch to the new version when it comes out (atleast I hope they'll allow it).

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As was the case with previous games, you can migrate the save file from an old version to the new, so if you pick ACNL now you can start playing and switch to the new version when it comes out (atleast I hope they'll allow it).
Which one? Animal Crossing New Leaf to Welcome Amiibo? It is because the welcome Amiibo is a DLC and updated pack released in a hardware. If you got the earlier game you could use the same save file, download the DLC and continue with the game. But the future game for the switch will be a different and independent release. Especially that it will be switch vs 3ds.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Which one? Animal Crossing New Leaf to Welcome Amiibo? It is because the welcome Amiibo is a DLC and updated pack released in a hardware. If you got the earlier game you could use the same save file, download the DLC and continue with the game. But the future game for the switch will be a different and independent release. Especially that it will be switch vs 3ds.
Didn't City Folk allow to import saves from Wild World?? I don't know if the 3ds has the same function.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I personally suggest picking up a copy of the game. There hasn't been an Animal Crossing announced for the Switch, so it will be a nice holdover until they do.
As an added bonus, ACNL has Isabelle and she is adorable.

Monochrover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, even if I didn't own New Leaf now, and a switch version was announced, it's not like I'll lose out on the AC experience. In your case, instead of thinking, "is it worth it", think of all the things you can do in New Leaf; their recent updates are still pretty decent (With the addition of the tickets and the van area-haven't checked in a while though). And yeah, maybe you're short on money, but New Leaf is definitely worth it. Also yes, Isabelle is way too adorable to say no to!

Reactions: Shawtobebeone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy