Hacking Is it worth buying a DSTWO?

Verack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after I got sick and tired of my m3real refusing to load, and having a hard time with AP, along with poor Xenon falling off the face of the internet, I decided to look into buying a DSTWO. The cost isn't much of a concern, but is it worth buying one with the 3DS so close to release?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard team has said they think they can find a way to make it work on the 3DS (at least in DS mode)... and it's actually plausible, considering how advanced their bootloader is compared to all the other carts (and that the 3DS will run official DS carts).

It's a $35 thing, and the 3DS is months away... furthermore it could be ages until a 3DS flash cart comes out (if one comes out at all, it might be a softmod).

Verack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome to see the fast responses. Just two more questions:
does DSTWO work fine with my DS lite? I've only really heard of people using it on DSi's and XL's.
Can I use my GBA ram expansion with the DSTWO on my lite? I saw that the DSTWO seems to have compatibility issues at times with certain GBA games, and I was wondering if I could run them in slot-2 with the DSTWO + ram expansion.

EDIT: sorry about asking in the wrong spot, Nadrian. I'm just a bit new here, and wasn't aware there was an ask section.

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought one last month...

-- Its fast, run every game i try to load (including pokemon black/white)
-- Has a GBA, SNES and mame emus, so.. lot of games..
-- Has a ebook reader.. I use to read mangas.. its perfect for it
-- And since yesterday it run movies.. Im watching hajime no ippo (Anime) on it.

.. its worth

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay I didn't bother reading your post
tongue.gif
But I did read the title.
If you have an Acekard2i, no need to move to DSTwo.
Any other flashcard must be thrown in the trash and replaced my the DSTwo or Acekard2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2