Gaming Is it/will it be possible to bypass the online requirement to create a seasonal character in Diablo

Kapaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo, as some of you might now, D3 was released on Switch this month and while I am super excited to play it, it turns out that seasonal character needs you to go online (not with the Nintendo online service) to simply create a seasonal character. For obvious reasons, I don't really want to go online on my Switch (never have). Is there currently any way to bypass this? Maybe a bit early since the game was just released but who knows maybe it's not.

Thanks for any help!

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, seasonal characters are *stored* on Blizzard's servers. That's how they cut down on the item hacking/dupes that plague other ways of playing on console. Any workaround would be pretty tricky.

I'm not really sure why you would care about seasons anyway if you're sticking to offline.

[Edited for truthiness.]

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Kapaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I can tell, seasonal characters are *stored* on Blizzard's servers. That's how they cut down on the item hacking/dupes that plague other ways of playing on console. Any workaround would be pretty tricky.

I'm not really sure why you would care about seasons anyway if you're sticking to offline.

Well with seasons there are a lot of new items and sets that are rewarded while also giving a fresh feel to the game everytime it starts. From what I've gathered the characters only need to go online to be created, after that you can play offline. Was hoping there would be a fix that might come, maybe a bit later since it's still early stages since all the data should already be with the game, just locked behind the seasonal character part.

Reactions: DU66IE

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok looks like that is how it works on other consoles, which makes zero sense to me. Basically you just need to go online to create a character and register on the leaderboards, character are still stored locally. Shit gonna be hacked pretty fast with so many vulnerable switches out there. I mean supposedly there's no trading so the corruption won't spread far, but seems like the top leaderboard entries will be using phony items eventually.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to buy game, make character for season, import season save on hacked switch?

If so can't we simply import someone else's legit season character? Then have a character per class per season?

Last edited by randomgbanoob123,

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heavily interested in this because I have a group of friends that all play seasonal characters and as you know non-seasonal characters cannot play with seasonal ones. Would love to know if there was a way i could make a seasonal character without connecting to internet

Last edited by Oracleofire,

KOALAaufPILLEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So we need a save with every character made with seasonal right ? Then wich user bought the game and is willing to upload the seasonal charakter? :D

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm interested in this as well.
I'd say we only need an unhacked Switch and a legit copy of D3 on it (either installed or as cartridge). Then we inject our savegame on that Switch with checkpoint (while hoping that this will not be detected by Horizon, so I recommend using newest Atmosphère or at least SX OS' stealth mode for that), restart that Switch into OFW, launch the game and the save and start a seasonal character. Then boot into CFW again and backup the save to use it on the hacked Switch.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone success in save-edit non-seasonal character and bring them online ?
+1
I'm almost done with my first story run through and really wanna go on with a seasonal character then. That would be a nice christmas gift for the holidays. :)

Zelence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
+1
I'm almost done with my first story run through and really wanna go on with a seasonal character then. That would be a nice christmas gift for the holidays. :)
I know its possible. Yesterday i was matched with a mage with 7000 paragon level and his gears’ afflix were really messed up, like crit chance on chest lol

Reactions: lordelan and DU66IE

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know its possible. Yesterday i was matched with a mage with 7000 paragon level and his gears’ afflix were really messed up, like crit chance on chest lol
Okay but that's only an evidence that a CFW user went online, not that a seasonal character can be created offline.
I wish there would be news on this subject. :/

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It only works till youre banned.
Problem is: You need to go online, every time you start Diablo and want to continue your seasonal char.
Im playin on a hackable Switch without cfw (dont need it anywas).
Only thing you can do: Go online once to verify your character, and then go in flight mode and dont close diablo.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It only works till youre banned.
Problem is: You need to go online, every time you start Diablo and want to continue your seasonal char.
Im playin on a hackable Switch without cfw (dont need it anywas).
Only thing you can do: Go online once to verify your character, and then go in flight mode and dont close diablo.
That's what I was fearing. :/
Only thing I can hope for then is that seasonal items will be added to regular adventure mode in later updates.
Thx for letting us know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2