Gaming Is it true?

quikshadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I previously got Final Fantasy 4 on my n5, and I heard i rumor, and was wondering if it was true. The rumor was, that it is has the best game graphics for the ds than any other games. I took a look at the graphics, and they are truely superior to any other games I've seen before. Anyone know any game that can rival it's graphics?

Just Curious,

Curious

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are different types of graphic styles so you can't really pick one game and say it is the best.

FF4 may be the most eye catching for 3D but there are other styles like 2D (Jump Stars games, CV games, Yoshi's Island 2, TWEWY), cel-shaded (Legend of Zelda:PH), 2D/3D (NSMB). There are many more than I could think of right now but I have seen a lot of DS games that surprised me how good they looked.

quikshadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
There are different types of graphic styles so you can't really pick one game and say it is the best.

FF4 may be the most eye catching for 3D but there are other styles like 2D (Jump Stars games, CV games, Yoshi's Island 2, TWEWY), cel-shaded (Legend of Zelda:PH), 2D/3D (NSMB). There are many more than I could think of right now but I have seen a lot of DS games that surprised me how good they looked.

I mean, it's a true eye catcher. Great shading and all. I'd give it a good 10/10 for graphics, metroid prime hunters has decent graphics, Mario Kart? lol. Mario Kart= Good graphics just not real realistic.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Given the DS isn't the most powerful portable ever, lots of games choose lots of different art styles in order to get a good look - it's something we could also see on lots of year-old Snes games, and the reason some of them still look good as hell even today.

I don't think much people out there would agree with me, but I still think Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 is the prettiest game on the DS.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was really happy with the new FFIV

I think DQIV looks great as well, in a different way

I didn't care for the overly cartoony games, like Zelda

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best graphics? Dementium: The ward fantastic, Moon equally great graphics but there's no way FF4 got best graphics... Not sayin they're bad, opposite infact but not much effort into the battle scenes unfortunately IMO (p.s FF3 had more of a moving camera I think which really adds the visual WOW into it, FF4 Side on view... Do Not Want ) >:[

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What about Mario Hoops 3-on-3? Stunning graphics for a pretty early DS game.

PS: Rumor =/= personal opinion. What you heard is an opinion -- a rumor is, for example, that Golden Sun 3 is on the works.

PS2: Since when did Mario Kart want to have "real realistic graphics"? LMAO.

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joey Ravn said:
PS2: Since when did Mario Kart want to have "real realistic graphics"? LMAO.
I LOL'ed there too.
QUOTE(Joey Ravn @ Jan 23 2009, 02:15 PM) PS: Rumor =/= personal opinion. What you heard is an opinion -- a rumor is, for example, that Golden Sun 3 is on the works.
That'll correct him.

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Many art styles... so what's best for one might be bland to another...

Phantom Hourglass
the upcoming Big Bang Mini

or great art style...not groundbreaking but nice like the Castlevania series.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No doubt that FF IV has nice GFX. I am hoping FF V or VI get the same treatment some day.

After about 4 hours of play, I can say that FF Crystal Chronicles has some really nice 3D GFX.

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass also has some damn good 3D. I really love the style, and am glad they made a sequel to Wind Waker.

Yol Morefi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dementium and Moon
biggrin.gif

B

ball2012003

that is definitely not true
just like anyd said ninja gaiden