Hardware Is it true that you can hack the New 3DS XL and be able to play all 3ds and eshop games for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy the black new 3ds XL from amazon maybe that would have lower firmware?
n3DS was temporarily out of stock on Amazon until the second week of August. Since then, there have been reports of 11.0 units shipping from Amazon, so I would not personally risk it.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.2 is the 3ds's golden firmware. However, anything from 9.3 to 10.7 can be downgraded to 9.2, so if your 3ds is within that spectrum, you're fine. Once you get your 3ds on 9.2, you can install A9LH (Arm9LoaderHax) and update to 11.0, but the installation process is much too complicated to explain here (this is the guide, by the way: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)).

EDIT: And you can definitely pirate 3ds games. With ease. Look up "CIAngel" or "freeshop" if you're interested.
And FreeShop has made it even easier with just scanning a QR now.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And FreeShop has made it even easier with just scanning a QR now.
Really? I was unaware (not being sarcastic). I've been told freeshop is the better choice, but I still use CIAngel. I'd recommend that the OP use freeshop. Seems more hassle free, and it has more features.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I was unaware (not being sarcastic). I've been told freeshop is the better choice, but I still use CIAngel. I'd recommend that the OP use freeshop. Seems more hassle free, and it has more features.
Yeah. Update 2.x or whatever has auto titlekey updater now. You just scan the QR from that titlekey website.

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this all sounds kind of complicated, like how do you even get the hacker program on the 3ds without a flashcard?

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this all sounds kind of complicated, like how do you even get the hacker program on the 3ds without a flashcard?
Basically, there's exploits in certain games and system apps. They aren't put there on purpose, but people find them. They're like glitches or bugs and people know how to use it to run their own code.

Old-Skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3ds 11.0.0.33u all ive been able to do is snes and gba games nothing else really as for 3ds games and ds games as far as I would know

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only option you have for the 11.0.0-33 is the DSiWarehax and it requires:

A donor console (an already hacked console)
The game "Field Runners" for DSiWare from the oficial eShop in the donor console (Actually cheap)
Perform a DSiWarehax in said Field Runners game and perform a system transfer to your objetive console (your unhacked console)
Follow the steps of the guide people on the forum handed to you except the "hard mode" part.

Jexzyll

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Nintendo 3ds XL from Korea.. any can help how to change the language and region for me to use for other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/l6ek7TmdGE8?si=k_qXsn8Finqhz70P +1