Hardware Is it true that you can hack the New 3DS XL and be able to play all 3ds and eshop games for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to get one soon, I onlt have teh old XL 3ds. that isn't hacked. I did have a hacked DS though

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please tell us your Firmware Version, you can see it in the configuration menu in the upper screen in the low-right corner, that is important because your hacking options depend on it,

Reactions: olec04

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be for a brand new New 3Ds XL I haven't bought yet
When you buy it, I would recommend getting a Class 10 32 GB microSD from Amazon. They're about $25 and have fast read/write speeds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then that would probably be the latest N3DS Firmware... Not sure about the hacking options though
Sorry to double post but if he buys it from a shop new and it isn't a special one they typically are not on latest.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You better buy one soon. Nintendo is now shipping them with FW 11 preinstalled, and that one is currently next to impossible to hack and downgrade without extra hardware.

Reactions: olec04

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To try to put what everybody is saying here into layman's terms.

When you get your New 3DS, check the system software version. This is written in the Settings menu, on the bottom-right of the top screen. Ideally, you want this to be lower than 11.0.0.33.

Once you know the software version, report it here and people can help you with the next step.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy the black new 3ds XL from amazon maybe that would have lower firmware?

WooHyun

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard specific "bundles" selling N3DS together with a game pre-installed has specific, lower than 11 firmware. Afaik that's the only way to make sure which firmware N3DS you're buying is on.

And I'm a noob. Somebody please confirm my words.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.2 is the 3ds's golden firmware. However, anything from 9.3 to 10.7 can be downgraded to 9.2, so if your 3ds is within that spectrum, you're fine. Once you get your 3ds on 9.2, you can install A9LH (Arm9LoaderHax) and update to 11.0, but the installation process is much too complicated to explain here (this is the guide, by the way: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)).

EDIT: And you can definitely pirate 3ds games. With ease. Look up "CIAngel" or "freeshop" if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX