Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it depends what kind of processor you have. I heard AMDs get hot faster than Intels but I don't think heating would make the laptops any harm, I mean the companies probably thought about that and they made them heat proof or something. Otherwise they would have give you a huge warning paper telling not to use your laptop for too long( but then again it doesn't really make sense)

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it'll be fine. Leaving it on every night for days on end probably won't do it much good, but a few days here and there should be fine. Either that or it'll just get a little unstable when left on for too long and need restarting (mine does about 3 days before grinding to a halt), probably depends on the laptop.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow.. weird... Just did it last night.. left it on from 11 pm to 10am... hah still running like always
biggrin.gif

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
'',.. yea i never really turn off my laptop till it start to act funny...
it's still fine (now at least)..
often download crapload of anime at nite and watch them the next morning..utorrent always running lol

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My laptop is turned on 24/7.

It has AMD Turion (64bit) processor, so it gets hot pretty fast, however I am yet to experience any serious problems.

Just make sure to unscrew your laptop and clean all the dust from the fan every 3-4 months and you should be fine.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
lol due to the topic title i thought he meant will he run into legal issues. btw use a good client like azureus
I used to used Azureus, but it chewed memory for breakfast and slowed the rest of my PC down (yay Java VM :S). Switched to "mu"torrent (can't be assed to find the symbol) and my PC's much happier
smile.gif

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i used to use microTorrent, muTorrent, uTorrent...whatever, but now i use Arctic Torrent. It's pretty good, really low memory usage only real thing i dislike is that you can't choose which files you want to download like you can with microTorrent.

Nevin007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol due to the topic title i thought he meant will he run into legal issues. btw use a good client like azureus
I used to used Azureus, but it chewed memory for breakfast and slowed the rest of my PC down (yay Java VM :S). Switched to "mu"torrent (can't be assed to find the symbol) and my PC's much happier
smile.gif
Yeah the older versions of Azureus sucked, but the new version, I think it's 2.5, is much better. Doesn't slow my computer down much at all.

I had problems with Bitcomet. It would literally shut my internet connection down. I would have to unplug my modem, I think it was my modem, and then replug it in just to refresh the internet. I got rid of that quickly.

friedchicken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i hear batteries heats up explode as a counter measure to people using bittorrent and leaving it overnight. damn mpaa and riaa. some people solved this problem by put the laptop over ice or in the freezer for it to be ran overnight. maybe that'll work for you?

maybe i just hear things
p.s. micro-torrent(utorrent) is much better than bitcomet/azureus.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I keep my laptop turned on for weeks at a time on a wooden desk. No problems here... Not sure if others are having problems but I'm good here. Just make sure you keep the dust out.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif
You just use uTorrent. Like you said, no point in finding the code for the character.
??Ü?ïq_?ï?Ñ3?6+?ú??Ö??§??U??½
Nope :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy