is it safe to enable standby and quick start?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by kevinbrew, Aug 5, 2018.

1. kevinbrew
    OP

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2016
    is it safe to enable standby and quick start? with haxchi and cbhc.

2. vbarros22

vbarros22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    Man, I'm new to Wii U Homebrew, but since in my Quick Start it contains my original DS game with CBHC (when I install CBHC in a game, the icon shows a "do not touch" message, so I suppose it is better not to use quick start, since there it does not show the haxchi icon or the warning screen, but rather the icone as if it were really the game). If there is a way to edit the icons that appear in the quick start , since in the option of hiding the icons in the configurations, only the natives of the console are optional. I hope someone more experienced can help us, as I find the function very useful, but I am afraid that someone who does not know will play on my console and click where you do not know

Send this using Google Translate

kevinbrew likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Spotpass is fine, as ever

The quick boot menu is not dangerous, but it's incompatible with CBHC (as currently implemented), since Nintendo's DS emulator is not designed to understand the request to launch a WiiU app :)

kevinbrew likes this.
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yeah, iirc, quick start also causes light glitches unless turned off if using cbhc.

kevinbrew likes this.