Is it possible using a 110v adapter when my country has 220v be messing with my HDD?

Robiniko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm having issues with my HDD, it has clicking sounds, sometimes it doesnt get recognized, so i turn it off and move the cables until it gets recognized (i read i have to use a Y cable but im already using it). Apparently this is a power issue, then i thought about the power adapter, it's 110v but i'm from Peru where voltage is 220v, before checking this my Wii u was powered correctly so i had no reason to check the voltage (and apparently it's dual voltage or something like that)
But now i'm suspicious about it being the reason why the Wii U is not powering properly the drive since the wii u itself isn't being powered "properly", is that possible?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. The Y cable might be too cheap (too high internal resistance) or the HDD peaking higher than 1mA. Do you have a powerful wall charger? If so try to put the power only end of the Y cable into this.

Robiniko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
No. The Y cable might be too cheap (too high internal resistance) or the HDD peaking higher than 1mA. Do you have a powerful wall charger? If so try to put the power only end of the Y cable into this.
I see, Y cables and usb extensions are difficult to come by and shipping takes a bit too long, so i might try getting a power strip since the outlet is too far, that should be okay right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: