Hacking Is it possible to use sxos and Atmosphere togather?

akramff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

Was away from the scene for a while, i have sxos running on my switch but due to the unsupported updates i wanted to use Atmosphere as it up to date with the last ofw.

Is it possible to keep sxos emunand and use Atmosphere and keep switching between them?

Thanks for your answers in Advance

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Was away from the scene for a while, i have sxos running on my switch but due to the unsupported updates i wanted to use Atmosphere as it up to date with the last ofw.

Is it possible to keep sxos emunand and use Atmosphere and keep switching between them?]

Thanks for your answers in Advance
Yes, but you will need to create a second EmuMMC for atmosphere on your sd, or use two different sd. Note that until now, most games and updates can be patched to work on latest Sxos supported firmware.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but you will need to create a second EmuMMC for atmosphere on your sd, or use two different sd. Note that until now, most games and updates can be patched to work on latest Sxos supported firmware.

Been thinking about doing this as well, but wondering if SAK can still patch newer nsp files. (On Sxos non-emunand 12.0.1 and everything has been working fine)
Wondering if I can have Sxos and atmosphere on same SD card, and just pick what to boot into using SX dongle, so I can play some .XCI files, and eventually wean off to pure Atmosphere. (Day one Switch, unpatched)

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Been thinking about doing this as well, but wondering if SAK can still patch newer nsp files. (On Sxos non-emunand 12.0.1 and everything has been working fine)
Wondering if I can have Sxos and atmosphere on same SD card, and just pick what to boot into using SX dongle, so I can play some .XCI files, and eventually wean off to pure Atmosphere. (Day one Switch, unpatched)
Well, that’s actually my setup, as I didnt want to loose Xci usb mounting . But, the fact is that I’m user of both atmosphere and Sxos on the same card since the very beginning, Sxos was never comfortable with sys-modules, and some homebrews, but could/can do “others things”, more comfortable..So, I have on my sd 400g : a hidden partition for EmuMMC AMS and an emunand (shrinked to 8 go as files for Sxos ) when I want to play from usb. I switch between both using FastCFW overlay when the switch is on or on sleep mode.
After a shutdown, my payload injector is a RCM loader with 6 entries.
If you want to use your sx dongle to inject a payload that allows you to choose between both, easily, you will need Hekate, or NX-argon if it’s still supported.
To “end” with my post, I would say that being a user of both all the time since the very beginning, I did my setup with what suits me and respond to my willings. There’s so mainly possibilities available now on the switch (except for patched/mariko units), that’s it’s really up to everyone to choose what they want to achieve.
There’s no “best solution “, except the one’s that works perfect for you…

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let me know what you find out. What tutorial did you follow?
I want to do the same. But have no money yet for a bigger sd card to support 2 custom firmware.
I wonder how you will play XCI when files are not supported larger then 4GB on fat32....

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I don't know about togather, but together yes, very possible.

SXOS is mostly dead and will probably receive no more support, so I don't really see the point on staying there though.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know about togather, but together yes, very possible.

SXOS is mostly dead and will probably receive no more support, so I don't really see the point on staying there though.
using 7tb of games on usb hdd.. no point? yeah... small feature.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let me know what you find out. What tutorial did you follow?
I want to do the same. But have no money yet for a bigger sd card to support 2 custom firmware.
I wonder how you will play XCI when files are not supported larger then 4GB on fat32....
You can have a “small” sd , that’s not indeed an issue, (well at least 128 go, to be “comfortable “), and I’m not talking about installing an Xci, but mounting from an usb external hdd (docked), or from an ssd (“on the road”). Both are formatted on exfat. Fat32 limitation will apply only if you want to mount from sd.

I didn’t follow a dedicated tutorial, but used different tools available to do the setup I wanted.
I will try to find some time to wrote the way I did it and the steps I followed.

Last edited by Maupiti,

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But you have to remember that axiom verge 2 even in xci format can not be play using sxos you need the latest firmware that its only compatible with Atmosphere , i will wait a few days and if more games are unable to be played with sxos i will change all to atmosphere only and redownload the games that i already had in nsp format .

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But you have to remember that axiom verge 2 even in xci format can not be play using sxos you need the latest firmware that its only compatible with Atmosphere , i will wait a few days and if more games are unable to be played with sxos i will change all to atmosphere only and redownload the games that i already had in nsp format .
why didn't you just convert your xci as nsp ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or install the xci directly.
Well, all the “idea” is not to install, if you use Sxos.

As I said on other threads , there’s not a “one best solution “, they’re so many options now for Nintendo switch , that you can find which one will feed your needs. That’s the “beauty” of hacks.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)