Hardware Is it possible to use AR codes on GC games played via Wii?

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm trying to find a way to use Action Replay codes on some of my old Gamecube games. I've been looking for the 1.14A version of the AR, which came with a memory card preloaded with codes, and allowed one to add new codes via that card. However, it seems the only reasonably-priced ARs for Gamecube I can find are the newer models, which do not allow one to add new codes.

So, now I turn to GBAtemp, the most resourceful site I know of for this type of thing. I read somewhere that it's now possible to use AR codes on GC games played on a softmodded Wii --- if this is true, would someone please tell me more about it, or link me to the newest, most relevant information regarding it? Currently, my Wii only has the Homebrew Channel installed on it, but I can add any other necessary programs. Please let me know if any programs necessary are risky to use, though...

Some of the main GC games I'd like to use AR codes on are: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (my old file corrupted), F-Zero GX (to get the Japan-only machine parts), Super Smash Bros. Melee (to get those three hidden trophies), and Resident Evil 4 (just to mess around). If anyone happens to know where I can find the most original codes for those games (especially FE: PoR and RE4), I'd appreciate that information as well!

Thanks in advance.

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah, I just noticed that I somehow triple-posted this topic! Sorry!

Would someone please delete two of the three copies of this thread?

Posts merged

Gah, I just noticed that I somehow triple-posted this topic! Sorry!

Would someone please delete two of the three copies of this thread?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1