ROM Hack Is it possible to run batch files from DSorganize?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I would like to write a batch file for each skin which DSorganize could run in order to change skins.
Is it possible? (like DOS Batch files which simply overwrites some files)

EDIT:
I think its a good project for a homebrew for DSTT, which you copy skins on a folder and makes thumbnails of the skins to show you and then when you select each of them, it overwrites contents of that skin to main skin directory and soft resets itself to see changes.

Its good and easy way to get into ds dev too in the mean time where DSTT doesnt have multiple skinning support. ("skinning" badly reminds me of Hannibal)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
FAST, how long you think it will take to write that program that I described on EDIT part of my post?

on ur post: havent tried DSLinux, is it scary?

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSLinux itself may be a bit scary to someone who has never used it. It would actually be really easy to write a nice script to do what you want though. If you write a batch script and post it here (or just tell me what files need to be copied where), I would be willing to rewrite it as a shell script for DSLinux. All you would have to do with this script is run DSLinux and type "sh script_name_here".

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
the whole thing is like this:

We have a directory which skins are inside of it. (each skin has a directory and inside is there is just one directory called "default" which contains actual skin files).

All we have to do is get from user which skin he/she wants and then replace it with the current one and then soft reset the device or give a full screen preview of skin. this easy and do able with DSLinux.

But it would wanted to have a program (.nds file) to do the skinning since normal users mostly dont have any idea of what command prompt is, Like the program should search containing of a folder like SKINZ and for each directory, it should show a thumbnail and then when user selects and like pressed L, it shows the preview (not dynamically with current roms, just a full screen, double screen to be precise, image to get the feel of what it will be like of having this skin) and then by double tapping, it would do the copy stuff.

Maybe sending its source code to DSTT and they integrate it into DSTT's next firmware update.

Its a good project to start working with DS devkits, anyone willing to start with?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
the whole thing is like this:

We have a directory which skins are inside of it. (each skin has a directory and inside is there is just one directory called "default" which contains actual skin files).

All we have to do is get from user which skin he/she wants and then replace it with the current one and then soft reset the device or give a full screen preview of skin. this easy and do able with DSLinux.

But it would wanted to have a program (.nds file) to do the skinning since normal users mostly dont have any idea of what command prompt is, Like the program should search containing of a folder like SKINZ and for each directory, it should show a thumbnail and then when user selects and like pressed L, it shows the preview (not dynamically with current roms, just a full screen, double screen to be precise, image to get the feel of what it will be like of having this skin) and then by double tapping, it would do the copy stuff.

Maybe sending its source code to DSTT and they integrate it into DSTT's next firmware update.

Its a good project to start working with DS devkits, anyone willing to start with?

Give me the directory structure of the DSTT, and I may try something.

Also the formats of the skins would be nice...

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
this directory \TTMenu\skin\default\ containts current sking which is bunch of .bmp, an ini file and one .png file.

we just need to show preview of current skins in a handshaked folder like SKINZ (note Z for not being contradict with SKINS of possible DSTT skin folder in future) and just copy its contents to that directory when user selected it.

I like to contribute, if anyone atleast could make the project file in visual studio (with the attachments that DS Development needs), I would love to do some parts myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay