Misc Is it possible to make your own Nintendo Wifi USB?

pirate_arrh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i know it is with an asus wifi adapter. i have the modified NFC firmware.

But dude ti be honest, just get a wifi router. the range on the nfc dongle isnt great.

pm me if you want teh firmware

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing you could use from the flash drive would be the USB Male connectors and LED's
wtf.gif
. Do you know how to use an SMD soldering iron and know how to identify SMD components? Do you really want to solder an IC that is designed for a computer controlled soldering machine? There are many more points I could go through but I will stop. So I am going to guess that you cant do any of that. So don't be cheap and buy a wireless adapter, they are 30 bucks at dealextreme
lecture.gif

pirate-ahh- he is asking if he can make his own wi-fi adfapter, not if he can change the offival nintendo's firmware

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo obviously isn't the only company making these kinds of products. The hardware has to support this kind of wireless networking. I remember seeing a bunch of generic ones, but I don't know if the software is top-notch. Nintendo's is definitely slow with the software updates.

KarmaUK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to have a WiFi MAX for my PSP, (I have a BT HomeHub now and sold the PSP months ago), it was dirt cheap and worked a treat.
biggrin.gif
Alsom I think even cheaper USB Wifi sticks are available on eBay etc and they'd do the same job.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
i know it is with an asus wifi adapter. i have the modified NFC firmware.

But dude ti be honest, just get a wifi router. the range on the nfc dongle isnt great.

pm me if you want teh firmware

I use the wifi router too, but the range of the NDS isn't great too.

So... what is the modified NFC firmware for?
rolleyes.gif

AoXoA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I bought a vnt 6656 off ebay for $20 australian, and while its probably more complicated to set up, now ive got it working it is great. The range of it, is not bad, I can go outside my house and still be connected. I pick up a neighbours wireless at 7% signal strength. I love it. (Actually I dont know which neighbour has it lol, since all I can see is the signal) But for a house wide thing it does its job.

Also since its a usb thing, and so small its great. But id probably say that the $50 wifi usb connector is more easier to set up (never had one, but since its designed just for doing wifi) if you dont know what your doing then maybe thats for you.

But also most laptops have an inbuilt wireless adaptor. But id google up your problem and hopefully you find some helpful info.

linksfan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for the cost of all the meterials and time to learn how to do it is harder then buying a router(i would recomend linksys cuz its a good one) or just buy the wifi connector cuz its alot easier

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country

di33yuk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
i have an azurewave router works realy well plug and play more less, connected to a hacked modem its the ultimate
100% where ever i am in the house on psp or ds, works a dream

1man1dream

Trophies
XP
Country
The time it takes and the components used will come exetremely close to the price of a generic adapter. I picked up a Wifi-Link dongle for about $30, and it works great and hasn't broken.

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make your own nintendo wifi usb adaptor from a usb flash drive? that would be really awesome so yeah

A USB flash drive? a USB flash drive???

I did read that right didn't I?

"Uh, excuse me, can I make a TiVo out of a DVD player?"

Someone tell the troll his horns are showing...

striderx

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also have the same issue: I can’t get my DS online. I dont have a Nintendo WFC connector or an old router (it was thrown away), but I do have a raspberry pi and a really old Wifi dongle. I was thinking I could plug it in and configure some things to get it to run as a WEP access point but IDK how to do it as I have little linux or networking knowledge. But I’m sure it might work if I could follow a guide and copy and paste the commands from somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been on since 9.0 +1