Homebrew Is it possible to make a Download Play exploit?

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure, if you find a vulnerability or decrypt their keys and encryption and whatever else they use, and then develop the software and payload for it.
This. Do this and you could theoretically exploit spreetpass, spotpass and any other wireless communication the 3ds uses. But the chance of someone doing that is extremely slim.

Reactions: Deleted User

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. Do this and you could theoretically exploit spreetpass, spotpass and any other wireless communication the 3ds uses. But the chance of someone doing that is extremely slim.
Yep, I don't think someone wants to dedicate a significant portion of their lives to decrypting that crap. Unless they're really lucky and talented, they could spend years working on it.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I don't think someone wants to dedicate a significant portion of their lives to decrypting that crap. Unless they're really lucky and talented, they could spend years working on it.
and if you do this you should consider selling that information for millions of dollars as you invalidate millions of dollars of crypto tech

Last edited by Acryt,

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to send a signal to the 3DS from a PC to run boot.3dsx in Download Play?
Why are you asking? It seems to me like you heard something not yet to be heard by the public...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When Download Play is running the Vendor Tag overflow holds potential exploiting. If you've been hearing about a 9.3+ Kexploit this is what people are looking into. Once this happens theoretically we could inject a payload into the app.

Sure, if you find a vulnerability or decrypt their keys and encryption and whatever else they use, and then develop the software and payload for it.

No need to decrypt the keys. Thats the vulnerability and thats all that's known at this point.

Reactions: JustPingo

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google have one don't they?
If we break into googles headquarters, we can hack everything :D
Wait... does that mean google could already have a 9.3+ kexploit?
Goohax confirmed!
Unfortunately, Goohax was just blocked by the new 10.4 update. Here are the patch notes:

Patched the Goohax exploit STABILITY!!!!!!

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which i showed you the vulnerability stumbled upon.
Okay. I don't know what all has been found relating to that. I haven't messed with it at all, just spouting out the general rhetoric for what's needed for a usable exploit. Even with a vulnerability, assuming the vulnerability will give you access to everything you need to make it usable, there's still a lot of work that has to be done before it's usable.

I'd assume the 3DS's Download Play (and local play in general) uses something slightly different from the 802.11g standard, so you'd have to also write custom software just for a PC to broadcast something the 3DS will recognize at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night