Is it possible to install too many CIAs?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drakegraves, Dec 13, 2015.

1. drakegraves
    OP

drakegraves Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    I have like 15 titles on this big ass MicroSD card, and sometimes now when I boot into emunand, certain of them don't show up. Occasionally, I'll boot and it'll say "New software has been added", for like the 5th time. They're either sometimes there, or they'll show up as new again.

Can this be damaging?

2. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    There's a limit of 300. So you're safe.

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    This tends to happen when your sysnand and emunand are accessing the same files in your Nintendo 3ds folder. You can stop it by "unlinking your emunand" with a system format. Google that term for instructions.

The hard limit on 3ds cia's is 300 I think. For dsiware it's < 240 MBs which fills up quickly.

4. drakegraves
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    I did this when I installed rxtools, however, I just updated emunand to 10.3, and that's when the problem started. Does updating require you to unlink them again?

It looks like they show up after I boot emunand and launch a title, then return to the menu. They were the first two titles I installed, is that a coincidence?

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    What emu firmware did you update from? Some titles won't run on 10.3 but will on 9.2 for instance.
    You shouldn't have to unlink again.

6. drakegraves
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    From 9.2.0-20U; Like I said, it seems I can get the titles to reappear if I run a game and press the home button, so maybe it's just a minor glitch that could be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling them?

The titles are Mario 3d Land and New Super Mario Bros 2.

Speaking of uninstalling, is the proper way to remove a CIA in data MGMT? I remember on the Wii, if you uninstalled a WAD that way it would remove the title information and even display the available blocks as though it were gone, but you actually had to hang onto the wad and use anytitledeleter

7. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Yeah just reinstall them and it should be fine. remember to back up the saves with savedatafiler if you need to.
    You should uninstall them with devmen or FBI. Never use data mngt
    devmen2x and FBI will let you overwrite so it can be done in one step.

8. drakegraves
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    oops, I already did this on quite a few titles. Is there a guide around on how to fix this, or do I need to restore my emunand backup now?

9. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    I'm not exactly an expert but I've been using data management for uninstalling .cias for a while now and I haven't had a single problem.
    What's exactly wrong with uninstalling from data management?

Ammako likes this.