Gaming Is it possible to install PAL official firmware on an NTSC console?

GrantHayden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently bought a New 3DS XL because it has dual IPS screens which I love but it turns out it not only has CFW on it which I'd rather not have (I have no reason to use CFW and it keeps crashing which is super annoying) but (I'm pretty sure) it is also an NTSC device and all my games are PAL. Yes I realise it already has CFW on it so it can play all my games, but I'd much rather have official firmware on it so my first question is, is it actually possible to put a different region's firmware on a device other than the original it came with?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dude, just keep the CFW, no reason to go through all that trouble only to end up with a broken eshop/bad NNID account and possibly a brick to go with it. As for the "crashing", CFW does not cause crashing, if something crashes, it would have crashed regardless of CFW or not, only difference CFW has compared to OFW is that you actually get a message that tells you what caused the crash instead of being booted back to home menu with a generic error message like OFW does, that's literally the only difference!

D

Deleted User

I mean, are you sure? You could also want to buy JPN cartridges and then you can't (play) because you're locked to one region.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head