OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi
yaywii.gif

Ive been searching all over on how to get my netflix account up and running on my 4.1E wii.
Im able to stream it on my pc so the connection is no problem.
Here what I got so far:

Wii 4.1E with newest shop channel v20
Used region changer to set shop country code to US, and was able to download Netflix.
Been trying to use Configurable USB loader, but gives me the message disc cant be used anymore.
Tried offline wad installation with wad manager 1.7 ...black screen
Ive read that Netflix uses ios56 but I allready have this since I updated my shop channel.
Ive been trying different settings in the system menu hacks...like region free channels1-2
But when loading Netflix..... the screen goes black
Also tried Gecko, force NTSC, load channel.....black screen

Is there a way to get this to work??? Really dont want to change the region on my console and start all over again.

Any ideas???
blink.gif

aaii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for quick response
smile.gif
......this problem is driving me nuts

I got the ios56 v5662 installed cause of the wii shop. But maybe Netflix uses another version??? or doesnt it matter??

aaii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wasnt able to download it from the european shop channel, but anyregion changer helped me out on that by changing the shop channel code
smile.gif
.....if that was what you meant?

aaii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It didnt exsist on the european shop. Guess its since Netflix is a service only within US, not sure but thats the only reason I can think of.

I read on one page on the net that if I got the black screen on loading a channel, I had to make sure of that I had the right ios installed. But Netflix uses ios56 and its already installed on my wii. I just dont get it....hmmmmm

aaii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was hoping to avoid having to change the region on my console, and have to start all over again.

Im hoping there is others out there somewhere who also have the same problem as me......maybe they even figured it out what to do
biggrin.gif
wish thinking he he

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One way to avoid changing the region on your wii (kind've) and install it on 4.1e (or any version), is to use nand emulation. I'm not sure if mighty channels or others will work, they might be better, but if you're despserate, install sneek, with US region and 4.3u. It won't actually change your wii's region, just change the emulated wii.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This came up on another site I belong to...I think it was because of the PAL video mode.

Your best bet is probably to use SNEEK to set up a USA NAND on your SD/USB and run Netflix from there.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also try installing a cIOS and then mighty channels, might work.. I'll check for region support in a sec

aaii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
bow.gif
THANKS GUYS
bow.gif

This is GREAT!!!

Got it working by using SNEEK. This is awesome! It took me allmost 3 days of finding out how to get it up and running. And Im now the proud owner of an 4.3U emulated Wii on SD.

Movie time tonight
grog.gif

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
aaii said:
bow.gif
THANKS GUYS
bow.gif

This is GREAT!!!

Got it working by using SNEEK. This is awesome! It took me allmost 3 days of finding out how to get it up and running. And Im now the proud owner of an 4.3U emulated Wii on SD.

Movie time tonight
grog.gif
Out of interest how do you get around the needing a us mailing address for an account?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
M1r0 said:
Could have bought a used PAL wii in the United States. Or has a freind who shared account.
I was asking the person with the Norweigan flag as their location, I'm assuming that means they're in Norway.

I know this could help someone with a PAL wii in the states, as said, they appeared to be from Norway and I was intrigued.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1