Hacking Is it possible to enable RB instruments for GH games?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like a long stretch but I just want to ask anyways. And for those of you who would say something like "GHWT instruments work on RB", yeah I know that already but I also know that you need a Wiimote for each instrument while RB only requires one for the guitar.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakejm79, you are confusing. He asked if you could play GH with RB instruments, not content. And what you're saying is you can use Rockband Instruments with Guitar Hero 5?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware what (s)he asked, "Can I use RB instruments to play GH Games" you can as long as that GH Game happens to be GH5, I was then merely adding that just cos you are limited to the actual GH5 game doesn't mean you are just limited to GH5 content. Yes if he wants wants to play pre GH5 games then he can't use RB instruments, but until (s)he specifies which GH game he wants to play the question can be answered either way.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, jake can you expand on what you're talking about? Are you saying that GH5 supports RB instruments?

I'm not really picky on which Guitar Hero game it is. I just want to be able to slip in a Guitar Hero 1/2/3/4/5/WT/Metallica/Beach Boys/Jonas Brothers (or whatever is available to the Wii) and use the RB guitar/drums/microphone.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
All I found after an intense search is this:
liste_wii_2_1.png

on a German-Blog.

The official Rockband Compatibility (not updated).

Would be interessting to know if the Guitar Hero 5 Instruments works on Rockband 2...or if the Rockband 2 Instruments works on Guitar Hero 5...can anyone give some more Infos about this? I think I read somewhere that the RB2 Drums works on GH5...but a big laggy...still, no proof....

@Topic: If it is marked at the compability chart as a "No", then you can realy forget it. You would need the source of the game to fix this (if even possible). And you'll never get the Source of any official game.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
john.jingle said:
So, jake can you expand on what you're talking about? Are you saying that GH5 supports RB instruments?

I'm not really picky on which Guitar Hero game it is. I just want to be able to slip in a Guitar Hero 1/2/3/4/5/WT/Metallica/Beach Boys/Jonas Brothers (or whatever is available to the Wii) and use the RB guitar/drums/microphone.

Yes RB instruments will work on: RB (and all track packs), RB 2 (and all track packs), Beatles: RB and GH5 (only 5 no other GH games will work).
But for example if there was a song you really like on GHWT you can play content from GHWT (and select other GH titles) by importing it into GH5 (note: you will need a retail copy of GHWT since it uses a code on the box). But I can 100% confirm that all 3 of the RB instruments work with GH5 since I personally have that exact setup.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, thanks for that. There is one more problem that is bothering me though... Isn't there one extra button for the drums in GH? How is this problem remedied by using the RB?

In addition, there's absolutely no difference between the RB1 and RB2 instruments right?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it just removes that extra set of notes, but I will post tonight once I get home with exactly how it handles it and some pics.

Here is some reading in the meantime, looks like it does work as described, just with some small bugs (if the Drums lose connection) and that it doesn't work in Mii Freestyle or the GH Studio. But tonight I will add full details.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One line of notes is removed, but RB2 instruments do work with GH5
16525718.jpg

Also confirmed working in GH Studio, just not working in Mii Freestyle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.