Hacking Is it possible to burn and run Mario Kart Wii from a DVD-R on Wii U's vWii?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if I did so, would it be compatible with the CTGP Revolution mod? I don't really want to buy the full game just to play the mod, as it's quite expensive for a game that's years old, and the only ISOs of the mod are outdated as the new versions have some special launcher to prevent piracy/cheating.

Thanks!

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell, I'd buy the game if it was easily available for a fairly cheap price.
I don't want to buy the game again given I have purchased and owned it in the past... issue is, it's still $40 used at GameStop for just the game. I respect the developers and currently own Mario Kart 7 and 8... just not interested in rebuying MK Wii, no matter how good the game is, for prices only slightly lower than 3DS/Wii U games.

And to be fair, DRMing a game mod that in itself circumvents the original game's DRM is a bit of an asshole move. I understand the cheat prevention aspect, but I don't get why I'm being forced to have a MKW disc in every time I want to play CTGP.

Reactions: spotanjo3

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hell, I'd buy the game if it was easily available for a fairly cheap price.
I don't want to buy the game again given I have purchased and owned it in the past... issue is, it's still $40 used at GameStop for just the game. I respect the developers and currently own Mario Kart 7 and 8... just not interested in rebuying MK Wii, no matter how good the game is, for prices only slightly lower than 3DS/Wii U games.

And to be fair, DRMing a game mod that in itself circumvents the original game's DRM is a bit of an asshole move. I understand the cheat prevention aspect, but I don't get why I'm being forced to have a MKW disc in every time I want to play CTGP.
I got it for 20 Canadian dollars from a random person. You can find it for cheap easily if you look at the right place lol

Reactions: spotanjo3

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer the question, no, it's not. The Wii U's drive doesn't even read DVD-Rs as far as we know.
Thank you for actually answering my question instead of whining about piracy.
I got it for 20 Canadian dollars from a random person. You can find it for cheap easily if you look at the right place lol
I may look out for a copy, if the creators of the hack are really so unwilling to allow USB loader users to load the game.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
To answer the question, no, it's not. The Wii U's drive doesn't even read DVD-Rs as far as we know.
Are you sure?
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Nintendo_optical_discs said:
Wii Optical Disc
The Wii Optical Disc (RVL-006) is the physical game medium for the Wii, created by Panasonic. Nintendo extended their proprietary technology to use a full size 12 cm, 4.7/8.54 GB DVD-based disc, enabling it to have the benefits of the Nintendo GameCube Game Disc, while having the standard capacity of a double-layer DVD-ROM. Although the Wii can use double-layer discs, all titles were single-layer prior to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.[9][10] With the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo admitted that some Wii systems may have trouble reading dual-layer discs due to a dirty laser lens.[10][11] Nintendo repaired systems with dual-layer problems,[10] and later released a disc cleaning kit for users to purchase.[12]

D

Deleted User

Not on the WiiU, no. And Bean will not allow ISO users as users could in theory cheat on the system.
Also, it's £6 on eBay, as far as I last checked.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the disc format that's blocked. It's the book type of the disc. If the book type field on the disc is anything but 0000 (DVD-ROM) the drive won't read it.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

No, because a BCA is on the disc which the 'U checks. Plus, they're pressed and aligned differently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-