Misc Is it possible for the Wii to fully shut down itself (red light) without holding the button?

AfanGotTheWiiOn26December

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you do not understand what I mean, is it possible for the Wii to shut down fully with the Wii remote or by just pressing the power button (on the Wii)?
I hate that I have to hold it, because I usually forget to do that. If I don't, it makes cracking noises during the night, it gets hot, and I can't sleep with it cracking.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yes. You mean you never did that (holding the power button on Wiimote to turn it off)?

What?
For the Wiimote part, I do that always, but I hate that the only way to turn it off fully (when I say fully, I mean for it to show the red light) is to hold the power button on the console.

When I shut it down (yellow light) it gets hot and starts making this half crack half click noise.

Reactions: impeeza

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For the Wiimote part, I do that always, but I hate that the only way to turn it off fully (when I say fully, I mean for it to show the red light) is to hold the power button on the console.

When I shut it down (yellow light) it gets hot and starts making this half crack half click noise.
Deactivate WiiConnect24 or whatever this is called in settings. The Wii should fully turn off with the remote then.

That still doesn't explain any crackling sounds.

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe a crazy cockroach that just like the warm wii on the night.
BTW priiloader has options to fully shutdown the console, disable updates and same with the auto press button on startup.

Reactions: XFlak

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deactivate WiiConnect24 or whatever this is called in settings. The Wii should fully turn off with the remote then.

That still doesn't explain any crackling sounds.
pretty much this. it will be orange otherwise. I figured this out several years ago after noticing my system getting very hot while off.

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Going to try the Priiloader thing.
Post automatically merged:

No fully shutdown option.
The option isn't in "system menu hacks" ; you need to open the "settings" menu (is the last) and there should be an option named "shut down to" and select off and other named "ignore standby" , that is what you want enabled by on.

You could enable "protect priiloader" too if want and other options there but now your wii will directly shut down completely with the red light when you press any power button.

Reactions: XFlak

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Look there too, only options are Autoboot, Power Off, and Priiloader.

Open Priiloader if you installed it by holding the reset button and then pressing the power button on the console

priil1.png
priil2.png

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Attachments

• sorry for putting in zip, wont upload otherwise.zip
    76.1 KB · Views: 26

Site & Scene News