Hacking Is it okay if I leave WiiConnect24 on if I have Homebrew Channel insta

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently since 3.4 Nintendo has the right to update your Wii without your consent, or am I mistaken on this?
They would only be able to do this if you leave WiiConnect24 on. I dont see the point of having it on in the first place.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
I heard new games like SSBB can update your Wii. Is it with or without consent?

New games like SSBB? How is that a new game? What firmware are you on? If your on 3.4 or 4.0 then no game can harm you. There is currently no game that requires the 4.0 update.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have wiiconnect24 off because i think nintendo can update my wii somehow although i 4.0 using the 4.0 updater.also i heard the wii can brick if you have wii conncet24 on if u have HBC or something but i'm not sure on that one but at least i have prloader installed if this becomes true.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
Link5084 said:

New games like SSBB? How is that a new game? What firmware are you on? If your on 3.4 or 4.0 then no game can harm you. There is currently no game that requires the 4.0 update.

I'm on 3.2. Also accessing the Shop Channel doesnt update the Wii right?

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: We are 12 again and think we can move the truck to get Mew in Red and Blue ~just~ because we read it on the internet.

Oh noes, I heard Nintendo does so and so over the internet, it must be real.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
Link5084 said:

Excitebots?

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
The just install PreLoader and enable the skip disc update hack. The game will ask if you want to update or not anywho.
Seriously though, all these questions have been answers dozens and dozens of times. I spent all my time with HBC on 3.2 & 3.4 with WiiConnect24 turn on and nothing ever happened, I only have it off now so my Wii Powers off and my HDD Turns off with it.

Edit: @nabster92, I dunno bout Excitebots, I'm playing on 4.0 via USB Loader anywho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: @xdquerty im 16