Hacking is it ok if i update my wii from madworld?

kintesh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
hello , i got madworld from shop today and my wii is moded with Wiikey v2, i dont have any homebrew stuff i just got offical wii channels and wiikey v2. if i update my wii from this game would it damage my chip? . Again i dont have any homebre stuff

kintesh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
so it will be ok. I dont care about homebrew stuff, i dont have any homebrew progeams. If i update my wii to latest version would that be fine.i am never going to use any homebrw apps, as none which i like been developed and never going to be, i want desktop version of ububtu or windows or mac, where i can play my pc games on wii. If this is possible than i not update. So if i update to latest version of wii firmware would my Wiikey v2 work?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think you'll ever be able to play PC games on your Wii, it's simply not strong enough.
So yes, you can update to the latest firmware if you want. The latest is 4.0.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it should be safe, I just have some softmods (like HBC) and using some of the guides here, I have 4.0 installed, updated MadWorld, and everything is still working a'ok.

light_kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also want to play Mad World, and I'm not sure if it's safe for me to update. I have Brawl and Galaxy patched with Trucha, and I have the HBC, and spme WADS. How can I play Mad World safely?

Erizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would like to get into the conversation, lol. I too am on the same point as light_kun, i've got Wiikey 2, FW 3.2U, would it be a problem if we update with Mad World? o.o

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The answer has been repeated many times already.. The update from Madworld will not harm your Wii. From what I've read, the update installs certain IOS' that the game needs to run properly.

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
The answer has been repeated many times already.. The update from Madworld will not harm your Wii. From what I've read, the update installs certain IOS' that the game needs to run properly.
If I update with madworld, will I lose the function to install .wads?

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
wiiguy said:
Zaiga said:
If I update with madworld, will I lose the function to install .wads?
No you wont lose that. MadWorld disc update is version 3.1 and as Zaiga said, some IOS that make the game sun properly.
It does not affect homebrews or nothing else.

100% SAFE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.