ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
LOL. Don't worry, you can also join the Ninty side
tongue.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude you need to get your eyes checked out if you think the Nintendo 3DS is ANYTHING like a psp, I can't even think of a similarity, you name one.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... No. The 3DS is nothing like the PSP. They are both okay handhelds (In my opinion, the PSP is terrible), but the 3DS does things in a totally different direction than the PSP.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just you. I own a PsP. It's safe to say that the 3DS and the PsP look, sound and play nothing alike. Shoot, the nub on the prototype 3DS looks like it's going to have a way better comfort/build factor, than the PsP.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Mehh, I have to agree that the 3DS and the PSP seem to have nothing in common...

Sure, it's got an analog nub. But what do you expect? Honestly, I hated the DS's lack of one. Adding one to the 3DS is an expected and necessary upgrade. Unless you LIKE controlling Mario with unreliable touch controls, that is!

The graphics and resolution are bumped up. Once again, it happens with every new system, and they're a big improvement over the original DS line's sub-standard quality.

The Wifi features have been expanded. Yet again, expected, and needed.

Digging deep into the "nobody cares except Geoflcl Zone", it seems that Ninty is yet again going for a different approach with their handheld than Sony does. We haven't heard about any emphasis on media support or anything, showing that Nintendo wants the 3DS to be more of a flat-out game system, as compared to Sony, who usually label their consoles as "entertainment devices", in that they do more than just games. Totally different directions, which isn't a bad thing for either company.

Although Sony and Nintendo are competitors, they've always done things differently. No one's copying anybody, in my opinion.

If you could list some of the similarities you see between the two consoles, maybe you'll get less criticism (I hope so, anyway
frown.gif
)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As you know, I have a PSP too, but my thought was still that it was an upgraded DS rather than a PSP copy. I did see screenshots of Ridge Racer, and it looked similar, and there are some similarities such as the analog stick and a wider screen, but no, I don't think I had the same thought as you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.