Hacking Question is it easy to modify the language when cfw coming

wsdyleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you can guess that im Chinese, i wanna modify the English language to Chinese.
is it possible to modify the cfw for myself?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
why can't people just live with english :unsure:

But anyways, I guess that it would work like on 3DS, where you dump the home menu, translate tonne of text and then rebuild it and install it. (and because switch is going to have EmuNAND, it won't be risky :P )

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
But isn't easier to learn it, than to redo this after every update? (I guess that the home menu app is updated with each update, but idk how it works on switch) ;)
Not necessarily, and you don't have to do it all over, just translate the additional strings. You know, the same way Ninty does it.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone speaks English well, you know.

Well yeah, but it's better to have everything in English so you learn faster too imo.

Systems and games are all in their own language nowadays, including my eShop which appears to be in Dutch, because I bought a 3DS and Wii U when I was in The Netherlands for a few months.
Idk how to change that lol. My systems are in English thankfully.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not everyone wants to read English.
You might know the language like the back of your hand, and still want to read Chinese, or German, or Spanish.
What is weird with that?

PS: I prefer to read/watch things in the original language, as far as I can. E.g. if you make me watch a Spanish movie dubbed in English I will probably puke. If you make me watch an English language movie dubbed in German I will certainly puke.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don’t think you’d need to do that as sooner or later it would have Chinese system UI. I think the reason it hasn’t got them yet is because the eShop is not ready for such markets. I remembered they are going to announce a eShop for HK but with limited features.

We’ll see.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think you’d need to do that as sooner or later it would have Chinese system UI. I think the reason it hasn’t got them yet is because the eShop is not ready for such markets. I remembered they are going to announce a eShop for HK but with limited features.

We’ll see.
Hm... I thought Taiwan, HK, and Macau had UI updates in their respective language (Traditional Chinese)?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think tc was trying to tell fantranslate patches for games once CFW get released, since many products sold in their store are directly imported from japan and almost of them don't have S.chinese.
Now China's mainland is one of biggest growing market in asia, both M$ and $ony has already many 1st party games with native chinese language included at release day, Ninty really should take example from his competitors.

Last edited by leon315,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hm... I thought Taiwan, HK, and Macau had UI updates in their respective language (Traditional Chinese)?

If you check the system settings, it actually says “English/XXX”, where XXX is Chinese and Korean. If you select them, a system pop up will notify you that this will only affect games with correspond languages built in, not the system. And the option does have simplified Chinese as well.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Portuguese and the thing I most hate is games that use console's menu laguange and doesn't let me chose English. I hate everything in Portuguese other than the console menu or my windows, I can't play a game in Portuguese or watch movies with Portuguese language gosh... Specially not Brazilian-Portuguese which most games have, the game goes from serious to a joke in seconds :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.