Is it better to have a 3ds phat over a 3ds xl?

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I heard that most if not all 3ds XLs that people have the hinges get damaged over time while the phat model doesnt have that problem.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that most if not all 3ds XLs that people have the hinges get damaged over time while the phat model doesnt have that problem.
My launch model 3ds XL has been ABUSED over the years and its hinges are still perfectly fine

At one point I lost it for over a year and found it stolen in my ex roommates room on the floor under a bunch of trash and junk so I can't imagine it was handled lightly than either

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It come down to how much force you apply when you open up the 3DS, I have owned few 3DS over the year, 3DS XL, New 3DS and New 3DS XL. As long you don't bend it like over 180 degrees it is pretty hard to break it.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: BigOnYa

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The og gets scratches really easily and then there is the problem with the top screen getting damaged by the bottom screen
They are all prone to that problem (include "New" series), but the first model the most.
Easily prevented by a thin sheet of foam material
==============

In addition to that they all suffer from ribbon cables tearing up through normal usage. They *will* need maintenance at some point (and not: just get another one still working).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y