Is is possible to use usb snes controllers?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by NekoYeet, Feb 12, 2018.

1. NekoYeet
    OP

NekoYeet Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    I want to order a pair of usb snes controllers but I need to know if they'll work with the Wii first. I know theres a app on the WiiU that lets you use any controller out there and was wondering if there's something similar for the wii.

2. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    Hey man, well, I use an original snes controller that connects through a GC adapter to my Wii GC controller port, (on white Wii located at the top under flap). The Wii basically recognizes it as a classic controller. However, the usb port may not be the same. You could go the route I did and get the GC adapter, because I know that works, for sure.

NekoYeet likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No Wii or GC commercial game, to the best of my knowledge, supports USB controllers (homebrew is another story); and each game supplies their own controller drivers so a remapping homebrew isn't really possible without a full blown virtualizer like Nintendont or nds_bootstrap are

NekoYeet and Dcep1501 like this.
  4. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    So yea it seems like your best bet is to just hunt down a couple of cheap/used original snes controllers and order some GC controller adapters. So far, it's worked for me on emulators and basically whatever game uses the classic controller.

NekoYeet likes this.
  5. NekoYeet
    OP

NekoYeet Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    Thanks for the help.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks for the help.

6. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    I believe the nes classic and snes classic controllers can both be plugged into a Wiimote and used but I haven’t tried it myself

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted