Hacking Is hacking a ps4 truely worth it ?

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says, no i am not a sony agent lmao, but i am torn, between buying a new switch or a new ps4 pro, price doesn't matter, but content does, i love ps4 games, but the part where i can't play those games is what hurts, and before you jump out and say "if price doesn't matter why not buy games", because it costs a fortune to buy a 60$ game for 300$ on retail, and i have a shmirkl internet speed to buy on the store and download. any insights from your beautiful minds ? what did you do when you were in my position ?

Reactions: perrochiba

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hackable switch offers more in terms of emulation, Homebrew, and backups.

Hackable PS4 has a shed load of games too... up to 5.05... and a tonne of PS2 classics (more coming soon thanks to some people’s work converting configs from PS3) ;)

edit;

if it makes any difference, I have a PS4 5.05, testkit on 4.74, and a pro on 6.52. I also have a (unpatched) switch on 9.0.0 and thinking about getting another secondhand for hacking.

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
haha i love your thinking, yeah imma buy both it's just not at the same time, but tell me more about the games that can be played, can i hack my ps4 and run newer games on cd ? im open to do that. But it's unlikely to be a yes because even CDs will require higher FW so it's impossible, is there a list of playable games ?

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So other than emulation it's not really worth it, right ? i mean i can emulate stuff in my pc, and i have a vita, so i just have to play legit games.

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys, one last thing, if i am not gonna hack my ps4, does having the pro over the slim makes any difference ?

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it does make a difference, you get 4k and better frames on 1080p which is a plus for me, got ps4 pro 5.05 and havent touched it for 8 months as i find switch much more interesting in terms of playing new games, probability and homebrew.

Reactions: YuseiFD

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys, one last thing, if i am not gonna hack my ps4, does having the pro over the slim makes any difference ?
Dude...every ps4 you buy today is gonna be unhackable..you need to buy a especific bundle or a second hand already hacked...

Buy a Pro and play legit ....when the ps4 is dead for real..somebody will realease the jailbreak for the last firmware at that time..dont worry with the ps4 scene for now.. its not worth..

If you wanna a hacked device.. go for a unpatched fat switch...Best scene at the moment.

Last edited by Bergot,

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude...every ps4 you buy today is gonna be unhackable..you need to buy a especific bundle or a second hand already hacked...

Buy a Pro and play legit ....when the ps4 is dead for real..somebody will realease the jailbreak for the last firmware at that time..dont worry with the ps4 scene for now.. its not worth..

If you wanna a hacked device.. go for a unpatched fat switch...Best scene at the moment.
i live in a third world country where finding a 2016 sealed ps4 pro is as easy as getting food, and no, i don't live in some starved out african country, but seriously, i found like an entire stock of 2016 sealed ps4 pro kek, i think imma go for the hacking part, play out the games i can, then when im done, update and play legit new games, also one more question, if i do this is there a risk of being banned ?

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
as of 2019? not really worth it if your primary reason is to play free games, because most of the games have become cheaper already, and getting a lot of discounts. I have been using CFW for almost two years, and I only finished one game (FF XII) on this hacked console, and I probably will buy the game on steam later.

also you cannot play spiderman, upcoming FF7 and persona 5 the royal. those games are enough reason to return to OFW.

D

Deleted User

Not worth in my opinion - had a hacked 5.05 pro for months but chose to update. My switch serves all my homebrew and emulation needs (along with my Wii U). Since higher PS4 firmware revisions are already exploited in private I say go for a RCM exploitable Switch since chances on a more recent PS4 exploit are much more likely.

D

Deleted User

Hackable PS4 has a shed load of games too... up to 5.05... and a tonne of PS2 classics (more coming soon thanks to some people’s work converting configs from PS3) ;)

edit;

if it makes any difference, I have a PS4 5.05, testkit on 4.74, and a pro on 6.52. I also have a (unpatched) switch on 9.0.0 and thinking about getting another secondhand for hacking.
I got my second switch yesterday. I didn't wanted to buy the same switch so I got the switch lite. Now I have my original unpatched switch for hacking and switch lite for online. BTW I really like the switch lite.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the time of the 4.05 CFW release, it was worth the money as the previously available firmware to access the debug menu was on 1.76 firmware, from firmware 1.76 to 4.05 that was a long time, I remember Kiiwii had his ps4 sitting around collecting dust for a long time. Few months after we got the 4.55 kernel, and few months later we got the 5.05/5.07 exploits. I bought an exploitable unit when the 4.05 exploit came out, well worth the $300 that I paid, people should only install what they want to play not collect a collection which they will never play.

Reactions: YuseiFD and KiiWii

LH1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

edit;

Can you access PSN on your 6.52 Pro?

PalomPorom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across a scene collection of ps4 games (nearly complete) that was 12TBs. That's a hell of a collection you can play with a hacked ps4. Sure the firmware is old and the scene is kinda dead but cmon we don't have hardware access like we do with the switch. Where keys are dumped again in the same day as a firmware update.

If you can afford it, have 1 hacked ps4 for the backups and 1 for newer releases and updated firmware

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Reactions: Mo Poge and YuseiFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos