Homebrew Is Godmode9 the best for dumping games?

Kevbotty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to have all my physical games in one place (i.e. my system). I saw a video of someone using Godmode9 to dump cartridges into .cia files. I don't have cfw or fbi, only hbl (running 11.4), so I know I wouldn't be able to install the games on my system right now. But I just want to have them for when the day comes that 11.4 gets cfw without hardmod or DSiWare. Is this the best method to do this? And does it work with digital games as well?

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Cpuld just use uncart payload :) i find it faster but if you are using B9S then i wpuld say use Godmode9 as i am unsure if uncart has been made into a .firm format yet. Also yes both methods here work for digital. Uncart is a straight forward game dumper only. While godmode does a ton of stoof.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ooooh if you dont have cfw then you cant dump your games...

Last edited by OblivionReign,

Kevbotty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all the quick responses! Those links really clear things up. I'm going to just start building my library of .cia files and save them for later. Just waiting for the flashcart compatibility list so I can get come cfw...

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use godmode9 all the time, works perfectly. Dumps 3ds games, ds games, and even installed games. All of which can be trimmed down to smaller versions by choosing the trim option.

Kevbotty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use godmode9 all the time, works perfectly. Dumps 3ds games, ds games, and even installed games. All of which can be trimmed down to smaller versions by choosing the trim option.
The trim option will be very nice. I'm a game hoarder so I have a lot of digital games installed (most of which I don't play), so if I can reinstall them later as a trimmed version, my sd card will be very happy.

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
The trim option will be very nice. I'm a game hoarder so I have a lot of digital games installed (most of which I don't play), so if I can reinstall them later as a trimmed version, my sd card will be very happy.

Trimming is not a factor when talking about installed titles / CIAs. It only affects ROMs (.3ds/.3dz) where in a nutshell your dumper copies the trailing 0s that fill up the rest of your cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bruh