Hacking is dual boot possible?

trunksv2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I havent been here for a few months, so maybe this is already possible and I havent read it yet, but I was wondering with all that nand emulation stuff I read about, if it would (is already) possible to have a bootloader at start up, so we can load a nand/os from sd-card and get the system menu? (Maybe a option for bootmii)

- on a virgin WII we install bootmii (boot2)
- we make a backup of the WII nand to sd-card
- when we start the WII we get the bootloader with the option: start with original nand/os or start backup nand/os
- the original WII nand, we can just let virgin and update with nintendo's updates So nothing will be change to the original system, except the bootmii part.
- the backup nand we can modify with all the hacks we want, to play backup from disk/usb, VC/wii ware etc, installing and testing all the stuff that coders made, if something does go wrong, like bricking it, we can just format the sd card and start over. the original WII nand/os will still load.

Just like starting a os from a usb stick.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
thats a nice little tip you have there Mr.Wolf
wink.gif
anywhere i can read about that or will i have to be patient? thanks for the tip hope its as good as DEVHOOK for psp was! (not to compare but in anything specs wise but rather the quality of course devhook was PiMpIn!) that would be sweet to emulate 4.3 on my 3.2 console just for the shits and giiggles of it! hahahaha

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a thread about it a few days back that you can search for. It's temporarily on hold since the past release didn't do the GPL stuff or whatever right. But once that's resolved it'll be re-released.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the info bud sounds really promising indeed! the wait is no matter i prefer not to rush things anyway you know how that is...But anyway ill hit up the search tab and read whats up thanks for the lead man!
smile.gif
very interesting!

In Case any readers after this post are interested in reading up
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184671

Thanks again wolf!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s