Gaming Is DSTWO worth it?

kiryu1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there, I wanna ask you guys 1st before buying DSTWO if it is worth it..

I purchased recently this flash cart R4I-SDHC Gold 2014
97089c9f860377162505aef445116364.image_.300x300-250x250.jpg

and yeah I checked that it's crap, two of the games I really want to play freezes(Castlevania: PoR[even the patched one], RE: DS and maybe some other more), soft reset doesn't work, I don't know what else issues would I encounter but I believe there's a ton 'em....

I wanna know if there is a fix for the said freezing issue with the cart of do I just buy dstwo ahead?

Thanks so much!

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It always makes me sad when I see people buying these awful R4 carts, but it's really your own fault for not researching before buying. :(

http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/
Even though this thread hasn't been updated in over a year, it is still very much up to date. Not much has changed when it comes to DS mode flashcarts.

DSTwo is still the absolute number one choice for a DS mode flashcart. It has the best available SNES/GBA emulators for DS and pretty much guaranteed compatibility with the latest 3DS firmwares.

If you for some reason don't want the DSTwo (too expensive, you don't care about the emulators, etc) and just want cheaper, but still reliable flashcart, you should look for this one:
r4i-rts1.jpg

R4i Gold 3DS (from www.r4ids.cn website) is the only R4 clone cart on Rydian's list and you should pretty much stay away from any of those other R4 clones (as you can see, your R4 SDHC Gold Pro is nowhere on that list).

However, your issue with games freezing could be caused because of your microsd card as well: can you try to format your sd card with this program and see if it helps:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Do you have any other microsd cards you could test with, to see if the problem persists?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
kiryu1 I've had freezing issues with Portrait of Ruin as well before I got the DSTWO. Now it runs flawlessly, not a single freeze (and I've always had a class 10 microSD, so speed was never an issue).

Once you get a DSTWO, you'll never want to go back. It's a bit more expensive, but it's worth it.

Reactions: kiryu1

Rosalina

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I think any flashcart under $500 is worth the investment, because you're avoiding tens of thousands of dollars you would have normally spent if you didn't become a dirty pirate. All it takes is pirating one pokemon game, and maybe one zelda game, and the DSTwo already paid for itself, not including all the other features like exclusive emulation, cheat maker, active support, or the ability to patch itself passively.

Early DS pirates used to spend $100-$200 for their flashing needs without hesitation. These days... n00bs see a flashcart for more than a used copy of mario bros, and they get choked up.
"This $18 cart that grants me instant access to 6000+ roms without expiration date is $17 too much for my blood waaaahhhhh~"

Yes the DSTwo would still be worth it at 5x it's price.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks to you all guys! I may also have bought a cheap-ass SD that's why..

still you would be much better with an DSTWO, i never had a crash ingame...cheats work much better than what i expected (they sometimes didn't worked on emulators for me...)

softreset works very well, there is 2 hotkeys combinations (customizable) so you can either open the real time menu for go back to menu\cheats\guide\slow motion\change ds lite light level\load and save states.

it does have multiple saves you can select each save number before launching the game

it has this many stuff which i don't even use (i just play games with no extra options)

HO BTW

you are lucky you didn't get a 2013 card from that website (r4isdhc.com) they say THE OLD CARDS THEY SOLD ARE FAKE

its a really stupid way of saying they stopped support it, it is the same of: you buy something on a store, and then the next month you ask support on that store and they tell you they never seen you before and that card is not from them... then tell you that if you want support from them you need to buy the card they released this month... its a fxcked up business...

kiryu1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
still you would be much better with an DSTWO, i never had a crash ingame...cheats work much better than what i expected (they sometimes didn't worked on emulators for me...)

softreset works very well, there is 2 hotkeys combinations (customizable) so you can either open the real time menu for go back to menu\cheats\guide\slow motion\change ds lite light level\load and save states.

it does have multiple saves you can select each save number before launching the game

it has this many stuff which i don't even use (i just play games with no extra options)

HO BTW

you are lucky you didn't get a 2013 card from that website (r4isdhc.com) they say THE OLD CARDS THEY SOLD ARE FAKE

its a really stupid way of saying they stopped support it, it is the same of: you buy something on a store, and then the next month you ask support on that store and they tell you they never seen you before and that card is not from them... then tell you that if you want support from them you need to buy the card they released this month... its a fxcked up business...

Thanks, just ordered at realhotstuff.hk and they've said it was already shipped and given me tracking #.. Hope I receive it in good condition..

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks, just ordered at realhotstuff.hk and they've said it was already shipped and given me tracking #.. Hope I receive it in good condition..

mine did come from realhotstuff.com which istheir brothers basically... and it was perfect...

kiryu1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mine did come from realhotstuff.com which istheir brothers basically... and it was perfect...

Thanks! I would also order ezflash-iv in the future from them after I find a good GBA SP(the brighter one), emulation is good but I really like playing on actual hardware :D..

I'm a bit nit-picky with console purchases especially for 2nd-hand ones, I'm still looking GBA-SP brighter editions on good condition with box and manual(under good condition too) that is cheap to fair priced... :evil:

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks! I would also order ezflash-iv in the future from them after I find a good GBA SP(the brighter one), emulation is good but I really like playing on actual hardware :D..

I'm a bit nit-picky with console purchases especially for 2nd-hand ones, I'm still looking GBA-SP brighter editions on good condition with box and manual(under good condition too)
that is cheap to fair priced... :evil:

i am also in the look into that, if you find something good, send me a pm

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Most definitely it is. Even if you don't use the emulators it also has an in game text reader as well as the best save state support there is on actual DS hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: