[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leiger said:
tec9 said:
so the cyclo exlusives are wii conectivity and same saves on gba sames?? these are thingsd the m3 dont have
Also, an in-game enhanced menu that allows you to turn cheats on and off mid-game, enable/disable slow-motion mode mid-game, and RTS is also accessed via that menu (but I think the M3 has RTS..??). Other features include native support with the EZFlash V 3-in-1, whilst I think the M3 only supports it's own slot 2 devices (?)

edit: Oh, and if you have a game like Pokemon that can detect a GBA game in the slot, the CycloDS fully supports NDSGBA linkage as well. Meaning: You can transfer Pokemon from a GBA game with use of the direct cart or a 3-in-1, into the NDS dump on the microSD.

And Opera browser is supported automatically as well, with no patching etc. required for it to work. Works flawlessly on both the original expansion pack and the 3-in-1. Not that the opera browser is that great anyway, but while we're on the topic of 3-in-1 support....

CycloDS Evolution is the best card - those that say otherwise obviously haven't used it for an extended period of time, or at all. The one question you have to ask is whether you will use the extra features (if not, some people will recommend that you buy a cheaper card). I bought the CycloDS because although I didn't think I'd use all of the features at first, just having them there is great. I haven't regretted that decision at all.

http://cyclods.wikidot.com/reviews
the m3 uses button combos instead of a in game menu, to turn cheats/slow motion on/off, it does have a RTS menu though
it support the m3 gba exp pak native and adds features like gba rts and rtc, as well as gba cheats
the m3 had gbands linkage since touchpad

you have to patch the opera rom with a ips patch to work on the ram or gba exp pak on the m3 real

some things I would like on to have on the m3 real that the cyclo has
real time guide
in game menu (they should just add to the current rts menu)
battery saver

I dont really care about wiids connectivity though
moogle.gif

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had an R4 and got sick of having to patch roms and constantly edit cheat files (I love to cheat) since it required me to boot into windows to do so (or run a PC emulator). Ysmenu is just ugly and for all that effort to maintain it the game support is still shit house and there's no developer contact to bitch and moan.

I bought a cyclo because its has english language, active forum support. The cheats work without editing, I can switch them on/off as I like and best of all I can easily convert gamefaqs walkthroughs and access them in game. Fuck that's an awesome feature. Boss strategies, collection faqs, adventure game hand holding...

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My top-three reasons for loving the CycloDS over my old R4:

I play lots of Pokemon, so having Wii Connectivity is useful because my friends battle on the Wii quite often.

In-game brightness control. I play DS while walking, so sometimes going outside needs a brightness-adjustment.

In-game text reader. It's nice to have info such as Pokemon natures at hand rather than flipping through a book, note, website, ect.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:
and best of all I can easily convert gamefaqs walkthroughs and access them in game. Fuck that's an awesome feature. Boss strategies, collection faqs, adventure game hand holding...
Yes.
At first when I got the update for the in-game text reader I never expected that I'd use it, but now whenever I start a game that has somewhat of a learning curve, I just download the FAQ and can view it in-game. It's so damn convenient.

Also, while we're on the topic, I bought my Cyclo just over a year ago because I wanted the best flashcart, since I didn't want to deal with any problems as I had no experience with flashcarts. In the last year I've experienced no problems (aside from a system file corrupting, but that was an easy fix), and I've played my DS a lot. I would highly recommend it.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i find the cyclods to be VERY much worth the extra lttle price (especially considering its about 52$ us with shipping) because of its awesome features.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I own an M3 Real and enjoy it's features very much. Though it does pretty much the same thing as a Cyclo without Wii Connectivity, Battery Saver, Ingame Textreader and Ingame menu. Though I guess if you can afford it those little extras could come in handy from time to time. I'm satisfied with my M3 Real, though I guess if there is ever a price drop in the Cyclo or if I get the money for one I'm sure I would but it for the little extras:the Ingame text reader and Ingame menu (To change brightness), and Battery Saver.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well here we are again.
Is the Cyclo worth the extra money over an R4. Yes but only if you want the features of a Cyclo. The truth is most main stream carts offer basic backup support. So if you are just looking for something to game on M3real Perfect pack or get an AK2. If you have a DSI then get a Supercard DSI or M3I. The major differance in the Cyclo and other cards is most stuff works right off the bat. If not there is usually a firmware upgrade 3 days to a week later. No patching, no picking cheat files apart, Great intergration of 3-in-1 support, battery saver mode ( wich is great if you have to get up and check on the kids), In game txt reader (walk throughs ingame), cheats ingame, slo-mo ingame. Not to mention supports tons of homebrew and its accsess of the 3-in-1's ram. I know this sounds a bit fanboyish but I love my Cyclo and EZFlash 3-in-1. I have had most flashcarts on the market, and NONE of them can do what this combo can. With the exception of the Cyclo and M3 Perfect.
Hope it helps...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bruh that's gray.