Is Borderlands good?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rydian, Aug 29, 2011.

Aug 29, 2011

Is Borderlands good? by Rydian at 12:02 AM (996 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Rydian
    OP

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Looks like it's for sale on steam right now, and from skimming reviews and info it looks like a game I'd enjoy (I love loot collection in games like Diablo II).

2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    It's pretty good, has a pretty good amount of side/main quest and monsters, a pretty nice shooter/rpg. Co op is also pretty fun with friends. Has a lot of weapons and upgrades for weapons etc, so if you like looting stuff then that would be up your alley.

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    lots of replay value also. could easily put a couple hundred hours into it. weapons are randomly generated (aside from quest rewards/boss drops) so there will be quite a bit of swapping

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I enjoyed it. It reminded me a bit of the good old days of FPS like Timesplitters and Goldeneye, when you could just run and gun and only a minimal amount of cover which is only there incase you bite off more than you can chew.

Although, I think it's best played with friends... 4-way games can become so much fun.

5. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Borderlands is an awesome game, and worth way more than the sale price. Go ahead and pick it up. I might be picking it up for my new rig also [​IMG]

6. Sly 3 4 me

Member Sly 3 4 me GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's a good game. If you do buy it, make sure you buy the game of the year edition. It includes the four DLC packages which give bonus materials, new weapons, bosses, area, and a new vehicle. It's only three dollars more(It's on sale for 750% off too) than the normal one too, so there's really no reason not to buy it, since Borderlands by itself includes none of the DLC packages.

7. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Playing on your own can get a tad boring and the environment is a bit repetitive, but play with friends and it's one of the best co-op games out there.

8. Rydian
    OP

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Annnnnd bought.

I'll have to get some people to play it with me in a while after I'm used to it.

9. Pixxet

Newcomer Pixxet Member

United States
    You spent your money well~

10. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Yeah it's well worth the sale price.

Though I found it got boring after about the first playthrough. After the first runthrough or two, you're essentially just grinding out better and better weapons, which is fun...but it gets tedious and boring after a while.
    But for $7 you really can't go wrong lol. There's a ton of content, even if it's only fun once it's worth it.

11. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    I'll be happy to play with anyone here. I bought it on sale as well, add me, PM me or whatever if you want to.

12. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I as well am always up for another Borderlands play-through.

PM me.

13. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Someone us are stuck with a non-Steam version, which seems like isn't compatible with Steam users for playing on-line. That really, really sucks. Playing online with strangers can work sometimes, but you also get people running with custom edited weapons that kill everything right a way. It's a bit wild. If you want the best experience, I would say going through solo for a bit, then with another person or three, gets the fun in the game. It allows you to enjoy the atmosphere and pacing at your own leisure, and then you can get into the co-op fun when you've adjusted and know you won't miss anything. Environment, then into gameplay.

Also it lets you get used to the idea of everyone rushing for whatever drops and the quest items. Sometimes your "allies" just move like robots and grab everything before you have a say in the matter. Feels like I'm playing with bots... [​IMG]

14. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Unless Borderlands is the first game in history to employ a spastic rule of separating the game based on distributor, all legit copies of borderlands can play with any other legit copy of borderlands.

15. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Steam users can play with non-steam users. I typically don't even use steam to play, instead opting for VPN software to play with friends.

16. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    i say its worth the investment

i bought the GOTY for 7$ on steam - great value

i have already played it before on console

the DLC (the last 2 in specific) add a hefty amount of gameplay time and really its like Fallout but with less RPG. IMO its the perfect balance of FPS and RPG elements doesn't get any better than that

Also the humor ... [​IMG] priceless moments.

17. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    This is happening in one hour.

2 spots left, so PM your ID.

18. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    THIS IS STILL HAPPENING.