Hacking Is AKAIO the best firmware for "Acecard RPG"?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello all,

Is AKAIO the best firmware for Acekard RPG?

Does the most recent AKAIO firmware work just as well on an Acekard RPG, or is it more for the newer Acecard?

nds.gif

Whoops... typo in title...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
akaio is much better than the official rpg firmware. compatibility, dma patching, cheat engine, faster gui, etc. but if you want better 3in1 support and firmware coded just for the rpg check out gelu's firmware in the gbatemp download section.

-another world

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, it is the best.

Yes, it works. I presume that Normmatt already knows this, but some games with "anti-piracy protection" (like Tomodachi Collection, Yuuzai x Muzaii) are not working on RPG with the latest firmware and loader.

Another World said:
(...)but if you want better 3in1 support and firmware coded just for the rpg check out gelu's firmware in the gbatemp download section.
Unfortunately, gelu stopped developing his firmware because of problems in his life. His firmware may not run the latest games.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
logical thinker said:
Unfortunately, gelu stopped developing his firmware because of problems in his life. His firmware may not run the latest games.
yes. but project still alive under another name with another team.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the firmware contains the loaders, the loaders do the work. the rpg is better for loading games on a 1:1 ratio off the nand. it mimics a real cart, things which do not load on the msd will often load and work fine on the nand. however, i don't think anyone has done a full test of the nand to see if it supports all roms, all features, etc. with how delicate the nand is, i won't be the one to do it =P

-another world

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
But, i just started playing ChronoTrigger again, and on 1.41 proper, i need to enable the cheat for the piracy protection fix.
I confirm this bug. I know that 3 games with "anti-piracy protection" that are not working on AKRPG with AKAIO 1.4.1 and latest loader (01/06):
3055 Chrono Trigger (don't know if the other versions are working)
3791 Yuuzai x Muzaii
3873 Tomodachi Collection

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Morku said:
So, a 'new' (?) firmware for the rpg is out.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=170222
Is this firmware better as AKAIO for the rpg?
Actually, it is the continuation of gelu's firmware.
If you just want to play games, it is better, because it has fixes for the last games.

I like it, the fixes are working fine. I hope yellow wood goblin keeps releasing updates to the public.
Thank you, yellow wood goblin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello