Hacking Is Acekard 2i good?

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CamulaHikari said:
I just picked up my card todat and am already in love with it! The AKAIO menu is really good and I can finally play some games I wasn't able to with my old DSTT. Like SCS and HG/SS~!
Did you have to patch it the Acekard like Rupeeclock claims? Or was it already patched?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mana94 said:
CamulaHikari said:
I just picked up my card todat and am already in love with it! The AKAIO menu is really good and I can finally play some games I wasn't able to with my old DSTT. Like SCS and HG/SS~!
Did you have to patch it the Acekard like Rupeeclock claims? Or was it already patched?
Depends on where you get it, doesn't hurt to patch twice tho. RHS provides free prepatching but other sites may charge you.

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Mana94 said:
CamulaHikari said:
Depends on where you get it, doesn't hurt to patch twice tho. RHS provides free prepatching but other sites may charge you.
Good because I don't have an old ds/dsl

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depravo said:
bik75 said:
I'm just wondering since AKAIO isnt the offical firmware is it like ysmenu for the R4? And is it easy to install
Nothing like YSMenu. It's a firmware built especially for the AceKard so just download it and put it on your SD card like you would with any other normal firmware. No building/compiling/fucking about or anything.

AKAIO 1.6 RC1
Thanks for the link, glad to see its nothing like ysmenu

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mana94 said:
See you're smart, you think ahead. Most people just buy it, place it into their DSi 1.4 only to find it doesn't work. They don't have any other DSL or DS Phat to update it with and now they're stuck in a sticky situation. Nice planning
biggrin.gif

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Mana94 said:
See you're smart, you think ahead. Most people just buy it, place it into their DSi 1.4 only to find it doesn't work. They don't have any other DSL or DS Phat to update it with and now they're stuck in a sticky situation. Nice planning
biggrin.gif
Sarcasm?

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Mana94 said:
Hakoda said:
Mana94 said:
biggrin.gif
Sarcasm?

Yes I'm pretty sure it's sarcasm lol

Wouldn't it be possible to just put the Acekard into a pc and update it there ?
Not got a Dsi but wondering

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mana, no need to turn this thread into a soap opera...wait for your AK2i to arrive, but I would say they it will certainly arrive to play only on DSL/Phat consoles.
No big drama, you will just need to d/l the DSi 1.4 FW update fix file (search for it within this section - you'll find loads of links to it) place that file onto root of your msd, place in AK2i and insert it into a frineds DSL/Phat, run that file until it updates 100%. Take out AK2i, put it in your DSi and you're good to go. As simple as that! No fuss, no crying, nothing.

edit: don't pay attention to what EJames2100 just posted = obviously got absolutely no idea. Once again, search through this section about updating your AK2i. It's a simple process and nothing to stress about.

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Mana, no need to turn this thread into a soap opera...wait for your AK2i to arrive, but I would say they it will certainly arrive to play only on DSL/Phat consoles.
No big drama, you will just need to d/l the DSi 1.4 FW update fix file (search for it within this section - you'll find loads of links to it) place that file onto root of your msd, place in AK2i and insert it into a frineds DSL/Phat, run that file until it updates 100%. Take out AK2i, put it in your DSi and you're good to go. As simple as that! No fuss, no crying, nothing.
It's already prepatched, I just checked in with the site.
So....yeah....theres nothing to worry about now
biggrin.gif

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
edit: don't pay attention to what EJames2100 just posted = obviously got absolutely no idea. Once again, search through this section about updating your AK2i. It's a simple process and nothing to stress about.

Mine was more of a question really, I wouldn't suggest for anyone to do anything unless releated to R4 since it's all I know right now
wink.gif

But from your anwswer I assume it wouldn't be possible ?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lots of replies already, but here comes my 2 cents:
The AceKard is simply the best flashcard out there, hands down. AKAIO has the best compatibility I've ever seen (Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver still only work on AKAIO without patching or the like), and it looks great to boot. Most places sell it for under $20, which is incredible. I've got no complaints with the price or the firmware. The AceKard 2.1 is held together by clips, which makes it seem flimsy, but it feels sturdier than the M3 Real which is twice the price. The AceKard 2i apparently isn't held together by clips, but I'll be getting a better look at it when my PayPal transfer clears (getting an AK2i since I'm getting a DSi).

You want to spend a little, but get a LOT? Go with the AceKard.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Maye there's no point in this anyway, but here it goes.

The Acekard is an all-around good card for the casual guy who just wants to play his games. It's got excellent support and compatibility thanks to the miraculous AKAIO firmare, and the official staff ain't to bad either when it comes to customer support, usually. Also, it's quite inexpensive, support for Slot-2 and homebrew and whatnot, and the inability to be blocked out by a DSi update (as far as I know). the whole nine yards.

However, Acekard clones are starting to gain prominence. Also, other cards like CycloDS Evolution have a plethora of nifty features like Real-time-save that are absent in the Acekard. Not to mention, there's always the occasional defect cart, or a connection problem on account of the cartridge being ever-so-slightly off-model compared to retail DS carts.

I tried to be as unbiased as possible.
biggrin.gif

That being said,I love the Acekard
wub.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's hard to say at the moment with all the cracks/anti-clone business that went down. Before all that started, the AKAIO loaders were updated every couple of days or whenever a game fix was needed. AKAIO was usually the first to fix any problematic games.

Akuseru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been thinking about getting one myself, and I read this in the akaio faq..
"Should I buy an Ak2.1 or an AK2i?
Please first be aware that Nintendo has blocked the use of the AK2i's current exploit on the 1.4J firmware update. Current DSi kits should be purchased with this in mind. If you only have a DSi then use/purchase the AK2i. If you currently do not have a DSi, it is strongly recommended that you wait. As of right now none of the DSi specific functions (Games, DSi-ware, features, etc) have been hacked. There is a strong possibility that the encryption may never be hacked. Make your informed purchases carefully. As of 12/01/09 the current build of the AK2.1 shows some serious flaws. The official firmware and AKAIO will not function correctly on them. Team Acekard has privately commented by saying that the kits appear to be real and not cloens and they are not sure what the problem is. Finally the AK2i does suffer from Hardware build problems. Their appear to be a large amount of contact and microSD slot issues."

Is the hardware problems a common issue?
Also, is dealextreme decent to order from? I know it takes a long time to ship, but that's not a problem with me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate