is 38 dollars for a mod-chipped xbox expensive?

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BIOS flashed is just as good as a chipped system.

For all the seller knows, it could simply be softmodded with a modded hard drive and no BIOS flash or modchip. Some people wouldn't know the difference.

Even if it wasn't modded, those systems are easy to mod with the right stuff.

When you get the system, one of the first things I recommend doing is backing up the EEPROM off the Xbox.

Reactions: blueagent004

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good idea.Also ok is if he make an TSOP flash to the XBox.This means the Bios was flashed with an "modified" Bios.The effect is the same like a CHIP,the XBox can boot from any HDD and DVD and/or CD (if the XBox Drive supports it).If your seller is a "good" guy he tells you all that things (which XBox version,which DVD drive,Capacitor condition etc.).If he knows nothing about that,it´s ok.:)

Agree, but sometimes the seller simply doesn't know what is selling and it's possibile to buy for a very good price in those cases. Last week I bought a modded non working xbox on ebay for 32 euro. Inside there was an Xecuter X3 chip and the fix was simply to set up the dip switches correctly. It was a good price because the seller was unaware of that. A good seller could've asked for 5 times more.

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
as per the advice given, i went to the game store and asked the shopkeeper if he would open up the xbox chasis and let me have a look at the internal mobo to confirm the existence of a pre-installed modchip. he reluctantly obliged, and after fiddling around and opening up the xbox with his tools, i saw that there was indeed a modchip attached to the mobo, however i quickly noticed that, near a corner of the mobo there was major leakage with one of the capacitors which was simply put, very, very messy. i think a portion of that afflicted area on the mobo were completely blackened and there was a small crack of sorts, i don't really remember. in addition some of the capacitors also have a tad bit of brown liquid leaking out from the top. in any case, the condition of the mobo was not so good, and i ended up not buying it.

i found a Jtagged slim xbox 360 console with Aurora0.7b installed though, from another person selling it at a local auction site. he showed photos of his console working along with 500gb worth of 360 games in there which i do not want. so i was thinking of just getting that instead and putting the "Xbox 360 Hacked Backwards Compatibility" patch in there. but before that happens, i was wondering if anyone here already has a Jtagged 360 console with the hacked compatibility patch, and would kindly test out the original xbox game "Metal Dungeon" for 5 minutes and see if it would work and also if the "save/load" feature functions properly. if anyone can perhaps look into this for me for me and let me know, i would be very grateful.

thanks so much again to everyone for always being so patient and kind with me, and helping me with all sorts of console problems on this forum. thank you all!

Last edited by blueagent004,
Reactions: Alexander1970

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i was wondering if anyone here already has a Jtagged 360 console with the hacked compatibility patch, and would kindly test out the original xbox game "Metal Dungeon" for 5 minutes and see if it would work and also if the "save/load" feature functions properly. if anyone can perhaps look into this for me for me and let me know, i would be very grateful.

No luck mate. I have an original PAL copy of the game. On my original PAL xbox works perfectly, on my Xbox 360 (PAL, RGH, Aurora 0.7b and hacked compatibility patch) it does boot but it hangs at the character creation screen: it doesn't load the graphics of the character and after a while it says something about not being able to read the disk maybe becuase it is dirty. But my disk is clean (works on my original xbox) and the optical drive of my xbox 360 is ok.

Wanna play that game? Continue to look for a modded original xbox, could be tsopped or chipped, with the clock cap removed. Clean it inside, change the dvd drive belt, maybe change the thermal paste and you are ready to play for the next 10 yeras :-)

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
No luck mate. I have an original PAL copy of the game. On my original PAL xbox works perfectly, on my Xbox 360 (PAL, RGH, Aurora 0.7b and hacked compatibility patch) it does boot but it hangs at the character creation screen: it doesn't load the graphics of the character and after a while it says something about not being able to read the disk maybe becuase it is dirty. But my disk is clean (works on my original xbox) and the optical drive of my xbox 360 is ok.

Wanna play that game? Continue to look for a modded original xbox, could be tsopped or chipped, with the clock cap removed. Clean it inside, change the dvd drive belt, maybe change the thermal paste and you are ready to play for the next 10 yeras :-)

Thank you so very, very much for testing metal dungeon out for me on a j-tagged xbox360! i am truly grateful for your help in looking into this for me!

i will keep searching for a hardmodded xbox and i am ever hopeful, and looking forward to the day when i can finally crawl the metal dungeons again. thank you so much again for helping me with this! :shy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1