Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was just logging on to yahoo when this iPV6 thing pops out, and frankly it seems a bit off to me [prob coz I feel inebriated right now]. The page says my pc will be fine on iPV6 day, but for now I'm still on iPV4... Erm, what? Can anyone explain this to me clearly? The whole thing was vague, to me anyway.

PS
iPV6 [am I typing this right?] sounds like one of those epidemics, LOL.

PPS
Damn, I need me some sleep.

Rikai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its a type of addressing scheme. Think of houses on a city street that only allowed for two digits, 00-99. Eventually, you'd run out of numbers. So this new type of addressing scheme allows for road names (the letters a-f) and a bigger number area (so it could be 00-02, 01-02, etc).

Long story short, bigger address, more things can connect to the internet

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Internet currently runs on ipv4 and ipv4 is running out of ip addresses. Ipv6 solves that problem, and I believe just the other day there was a test of ipv6 by a few popular sites such as google, facebook and a few others to encourage many other websites to eventually start making use of ipv6.

I wasn't effected by this but my ISP hasn't been ugpraded to use ipv6 yet they are still working on it.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, if some US ISPs haven't upgraded yet, it's a safe assumption the ones in the Philippines might be a little behind, too. Ah, well, as long as my connection's still going...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/