Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just asking about this
Now i might get an iPod Touch 8gb 2nd gen for chirstmas anyways i hate itunes software i dont like how it runs, anyways i was wondering if their is a way for me to hack it for Zune to recognize it as a zune hd so that i can sync music from zune onto the ipod touch i was totally wondering if i could do that

also what is this jailbreaking on itouch is that like opening it up so that i can put software onto the system??

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zune's software is not going to recognize your Ipod as a Zune. However, there are workarounds so you don't have to touch Itunes to load/modify files on your Ipod touch. Check Google
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jailbreaking an iPod Touch is easy. Just get redsn0w and v3.0 firmware (NOT 3.1.x!) and follow the instructions redsn0w gives you. The firmware isn't freely distributed by Apple so Google will be your friend...

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should really PM stuff like that instead of posting it publicly. A mod will likely come and remove the link and warn you.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) The current firmware (3.1.2) is jailbreak-able, so there is no reason to stay on 3.0.

2) redsnow is outdated. You should use PwnageTool, or obtain already PwnageTool-modified firmware file from various sites.

3) The script on the page linked above redirects to the freely distributed downloads on Apple's server, and thus there is no reason for it to be removed.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for correcting me on that. I could swear I did some searching w/in the past few days for an update on 3.1.x jailbreaking...

My bad... I didn't see the fine print about the Apple server. Would really think they would lock it up behind a script to prevent free downloading of an upgrade they want you to pay for...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodgod said:
*facepalming at users who can't "use" iTunes*
iTunes sucks. I swear they make the Windows version slow on purpose:

I have a Windows 7 machine with a Core 2 Quad. iTunes takes a very noticeable time to load. I also have Mac OSX in a virtual machine...iTunes loads instantly. On the same machine. While that machine is running a virtual Mac.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Bloodgod said:

I have a Windows 7 machine with a Core 2 Quad. iTunes takes a very noticeable time to load. I also have Mac OSX in a virtual machine...iTunes loads instantly. On the same machine. While that machine is running a virtual Mac.
Performance isn't the main reason iTunes sucks.

Not to say Zune software is any better; in all honesty I would consider it worse.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Linkiboy said:
Bloodgod said:

Not to say Zune software is any better; in all honesty I would consider it worse.

QFT

One very annoying reason why iTunes sucks is that if you don't sync apps you have downloaded directly to your iPhone/iPod Touch then it will delete them. Also syncing Apps always ends up giving duplicates in the list in iTunes which pisses me off as well...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Linkiboy said:
Bloodgod said:

For me it is. even shitty software if somewhat usable if it, you know...runs.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Urza said:
Linkiboy said:
Bloodgod said:

somewhat usable != "doesn't suck"

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Linkiboy said:
Urza said:
Linkiboy said:
Bloodgod said:

Not necessarily. GBAtemp's server sucks yet it's still somewhat usable.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Urza said:
Linkiboy said:
Urza said:
Linkiboy said:

Not necessarily. GBAtemp's server sucks yet it's still somewhat usable.
You seem to have misread my last post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself