iPod 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by FlashX007, Aug 19, 2012.

Aug 19, 2012

iPod 3rd Gen by FlashX007 at 4:28 AM (473 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. FlashX007
    OP

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ok, so I have been using this for a while and I never encountered any problems like this. This really tips the scale. Tonight I had my iPod docked as usual onto a dock that connects to the TV. My family uses it 24/7 to watch tv through it because I set up so it can stream which couldn't have been done without jailbreaking it. I really want to be honest since I need to explain everything prior. Since it is on a constant stream we never remove it from the dock and it is on a constant charge. So like every night I find us something nice to watch through it and it works for first 2 minutes then this WHITE screen appears. Now I restored and upgraded to 5.1.1 and am now trying to restore ontop of that with a backup of my primary ipod I use for normal uses that isn't jailbroken. The screen is STILL white through all of this process. I hear the sounds like the one it makes when its rebooted and on the lock screen but I see nothing but white. It doesn't even register me touching it.

Is it bricked? Or can I fix it?

2. jonthedit

Member jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Bermuda
    Doesn't sound like its bricked... It sounds like the screen or hardware was damaged.
    More information..

Pics?

3. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    I had a problem like this when I dropped my touch. The screen didnt crack in anyway, but the bottom half of the screen turned completely white. It was damaged from the inside. If it is just plain white, but still responds to touch, then the hardware was messed up from whatever you were docking it on.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  4. FlashX007
    OP

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Wait then how does it get repaired?

It was on dock streaming to the TV....

5. yuuna

Newcomer yuuna Hello, this is turtle.

Malaysia
    have you tried to restore it using DFU mode?