iplyer gba emulator help

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Kinqdra, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010

iplyer gba emulator help by Kinqdra at 6:44 PM (3,466 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. Kinqdra
    OP

Member Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Croatia
    Ok, so I just got my iplayer yesterday. Everything is working great, well almost. I searched alot but couldn't find anything. My problems:
    1. I'm trying to get pokemon saphire/ruby to work (heard that you can't get emerald to work). I used the clock fix option from gbata but it didn't work. Any ideas?
    2. How do you make the cheats to work. I've downloaded the ones on cheats.gbatemp.net (GBA) and I placed them in the gamecht folder and renamed them to match the game name (just corrected US to U for example 5774 - gamename (US).cht to 5774 - gamename (U).cht)I tried it without renaming too but no luck. Tell me from where you downloaded the cheats.
    So please tempers help me!

2. EllyWhite

Newcomer EllyWhite Member

United States
    Yeah, I got mine yesterday and have yet to be able to run any cheats on it... any help out there? ^^

EDIT: I had some minor luck patching Super Mario World Advance with Lunar IPS, it brought up a menu but none of the cheats actually worked, and it messed up the sound to the point it wasn't there, save for a few blips.

3. Kinqdra
    OP

Croatia
    Ok, waited for a day now. No one knows?

4. EllyWhite

Newcomer EllyWhite Member

United States
    I guess not... looks like we'll have to wait for the next release of the emulator or maybe someone will come up with a fix... we can keep hoping [​IMG]

5. Kinqdra
    OP

Croatia
    is he still working on it? Haven't heard of any news since the first release.
    EDIT - ups, i quoted on mine instead of yours

6. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    If i had to guess, he's working on the Supercard DSTWO GBA emulator. DSTWO has the same specs as iPlayer, iPlayer was made by SC team, AND the author is heavily speculated to be their employee. At any rate, the DSTWO's gba emulator is probably the same or updated.

7. Kinqdra
    OP

Croatia
    could the scds2 emulator be compatible with the iPlayer?

8. MadClaw

Member MadClaw GBAtemp Fan

United States
    most likely

9. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    It's possible, but it depends on if they continue to support the iPlayer in the future. It was sort of a DSTWO prototype in a sense. It may even be possible to switch out both cards' firmwares once the DSTWO comes out. MAYBE.

10. Kinqdra
    OP

Croatia
    Yeah, should of waited for the SCDS2 to come out. Well if it gets good reviews, i will be saving up for one of those
    edit- crap, I keep quoting the wrong ones xD

11. Chaz.

Member Chaz. GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    None of the Pokemon games will work, because of the clock functionality and real time saves.I bought one literally a few days before SCDS2 was announced and I'm gutted. I'm hoping the dstwo emulator will work on this and commercial rom loading finally shows on the iPlayer. Spent £30 on the thing and it doesnt even play my videos right! and the ones it does it doesnt show [​IMG] btw how do we know iPlayer is made by team SC? I never knew...

12. Kinqdra
    OP

Croatia
    fire red and leaf green work. And the iPlayer was just a commercial test for the scds2. Anyway, is there a way of getting the rtc out of the rom?

13. Oma Els

Newcomer Oma Els Member

Netherlands
    Emerald works for me.

14. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    The cheats used by the emulator are NOT the same format as the cheats hosted at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA/. I kinda begun a different GBA cheat database but at present there are only 3 games in it. I'm pretty much just focusing on the PSP cheat database so if anyone wants to begin making and posting codes for the GBA that would help out greatly.

The format of the cheats are the same format as those used by gPSP (the iPlayer and SCDS2 emulators are based on gPSP). Each code name have either PAR_V3 or PAR_V1 before them and use the Pro Action Replay/GameShark code types. It should also be noted that the actual cheat engine isn't a full implementation and only supports the basic code types of the Pro Action Replay. You can download the few cheats I have posted from here, that should give you a basic idea of how to go about it.

15. nicholaswright20

Newcomer nicholaswright20 Newbie

United States
    How did you translate the codes into the correct format? Could give me the tools you used to put the codes into the new format?

Or should I just search for a "gPSP cht file creator"?

Stupid iPlayer...

16. nicholaswright20

United States
    Interestingly enough, I found a pokemon firered code that changes the wild pokemon you encounter into the infamous question mark in a circle, with no name and no cry, male, 0 hp and 1 exp gained when you defeat it.

It originally was one of the lines for the "Instant Win" action replay code, but of course since the format for iplayer's gba-dsi emulator's cheat code input feature is different, it doesn't perform that function when put in there.

Here's the solo line:

acf3dc86 82c30163

I tried editing each digit to 1 and then to b (32 different codes), but each time it actually stopped the code from working at all, instead of ever changing which pokemon appeared in the random encounter. [​IMG]
    If only it worked...

Anyways, there's a direction if anyone wants to try more with it to see if it can actually be turned into a wild pokemon modifier code for the iPlayer's gba-dsi emulator's finicky/funky cheat code feature (hint: i do! But I just don't know where to go from here [​IMG] )

whoever knows a lot about how action replay codes work: Help? [​IMG]

17. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    Hey,

You must use ARCrypt to first decrypt the codes before you alter the value. Then before you try the code you must recrypt encrypt them using ARCrypt.

I'm sure you have probably figured it out by now but just in case you haven't. The format of the codes files is just the action replay format with PAR_V3 before each code name for GS/PAR v3 codes or PAR_V1 for GS/PAR v1 codes.

eg.

Code:
    This is a code
    00000000 00000000

Another code
    00000000 00000000
    just becomes

Code:
    PAR_V3 This is a code
    00000000 00000000

PAR_V3 Another code
    00000000 00000000
    Then just save the file (using a text editor) onto your microSD card and load it in the emulator.

18. nicholaswright20

United States
    Sounds great, but, what do I decrypt it into? CBA or RAW? Is there some sort of walkthrough for ARCrypt?

I actually tried using it and it still seems to be somewhat "encrypted".

The closest I got was actually seemingly randomly editing MY team...into bad eggs and nothings...which was kind of hilarious and scary at the same time...but I still can't seem to be able to edit the opposing random encounter.

Anyone help?

19. Matt140

Member Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hey guys!
    Heres a small app I made a while ago to provide an interface for creating cheats for the iPlayer's and PSP's GBA emulators.

It might be a little buggy (usable though!), and requires the .NET framework 3.5 (with SP1).

Regards,
    Matt.

20. nicholaswright20

United States
    Trying it now, will respond, thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT: Tried it, it formats the code you input correctly, however, I'm still having the problem of the code itself not working at all...