Apple iPhone 4 Unlock (Baseband 03.10.01)

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been reading everywhere that all of these articles from Dec. 20th 2010 are stating that "within a month" there will be an unlock for iPhone 4 Baseband 03.10.01. I'm just wondering if it's out yet, and just incredibly hard to find? Or do we still have to wait.

Thanks in advance.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
They didn't bother when they found out that they could update an iPhone's baseband to a version of the iPad's which was still exploitable by their old method. Means they're not burning any holes yet but its a big risk for the end user as there's no way to downgrade to an official baseband (its version no. is higher than any iPhone's) and its really easy for anybody at the Apple store to spot. Voids warranty permanently.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? How do you preserve the baseband version? The only way is to restore a custom IPSW from redsn0w I believe. The normal methods error out now I think.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm all confused, haha. My friend has an iPhone 4 with AT&T but he wants to go with a different service provider. We jailbroke the phone, but the baseband is 03.10.01 and we don't know how to unlock it. . .

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ultrasn0w, but make sure that your baseband is compatible. also, MuscleNerd is working on a way to downgrade the baseband.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure that isn't the highest baseband so ultrasn0w might work. You'd have to cautiously update to 4.2.1 if you want to (redsn0w IPSW restore to preserve baseband) then try download ultrasn0w from Cydia.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sonknuck23 said:
I'm all confused, haha. My friend has an iPhone 4 with AT&T but he wants to go with a different service provider. We jailbroke the phone, but the baseband is 03.10.01 and we don't know how to unlock it. . .

AT&T? Do he even live near you? Since we don't have AT&T here in Canada.
Sorry to post, just wondering.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He bought the phone off of someone, the guy said it was with Fido, but. . . I guess it's not. Anyway, whatever. We tried Ultrasn0w 1.2, and it didn't seem to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all