Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Apple has announced that sales of its iPad, launched in the US sixty days ago and internationally (in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK) last weekend, has reached over two million.

This announcement reveals that not only did the iPad outpace the iPhone's launch in its first twenty-eight days (the point where it managed to sell a million), but that it has actually managed to over double sales compared to the original iPhone, which took seventy-four days to reach a million units.

The iPad will be launched in nine more countries in July, and yet more across the year. Check out our ongoing coverage of the system (and it's sibling, the iPhone) on The Tilt.

Source

*insert iPad is stupid post here*

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
*insert flippant comment about Apple hipsters buying near useless products*

Good on them! The iPad is a really nice piece of tech, even if I can't see the point in it myself. I'm fine with my actual PC or a laptop.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to bet that the ONLY reason it's sold that much is techy schools buying them for students. Because it really is just an overpriced iPhone. There's nothing really different about it, and STILL doesn't have flash. I tried one. Unimpressed.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why though it's pointless. How to make your own iPad

Step 1:
Buy ipod touch.

Step 2: Buy Magnifying glass

Step 3: Hold magnifying glass suspended above ipod touch screen.

5 times the price for nothing.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried one, it's only good for virtual board games, web experience is ok, but I'd prefer a laptop (with flash
closedeyes.gif
).

sportscarmadman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool piece of tech if it was cheaper maybe i would buy it but to expensive for what it is and you might as well get an iphone or ipod touch they both do the same things as the ipad and are more compact. Although if you use it in the street you are gunna look pretty cool. Its just another way apple are trying to scam people and get there money

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
I'd be willing to bet that the ONLY reason it's sold that much is techy schools buying them for students. Because it really is just an overpriced iPhone. There's nothing really different about it, and STILL doesn't have flash. I tried one. Unimpressed.

Actually I'm willing to bet the availability being much greater is actually the bigger attribute here.
It was hard as hell getting an iphone that first time, not to mention you're allowed to buy more than one now.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The iPad looks like it would be a nice movie watching device on the go, especially with the long battery life, but the lack of support for more video formats kind of ruins that. It would also be a nice web browsing device in the couch or whatever, but no flash kind of ruins that too. No flash isn't a HUGE issue, but as soon as you want to actually use flash you have to get on a PC... I like browsing Newgrounds and such, so for me it would be an issue.

Other than that, the iPad does what it advertises pretty well, although I don't understand how they can advertise the price as low. It might be low by Apple's standards, but I almost laughed out loud when I saw that they were advertising a low price. The price isn't too horrible in US (well, it might be to people who live in US but to europeans it seems decent), it's by no means cheap, but in Europe it's pretty expensive. Just don't expect a whole lot more than what is advertised, apps can be nice but everything is so locked down that a lot of the time, 3rd party apps will annoy you with all their limitations more than anything else.

However, the iPad has some serious graphical capabilities for a portable device (portable-ish, anyway), but no hardware buttons limit what kind of games are suitable for it.

The people who dislike the iPad probably do so because they either aren't happy with it's capabilities, and think it's use is too limited for the price (people like me), or simply aren't interested in tablets at all. I would be more interested in the iPad if it wasn't so locked down, and had support for more video formats.

...Phew, that was a long post. Well, it was a lot of thoughts anyway.

I might be interested in the Eee Pad with Windows Embedded Compact 7 (Windows 7 CE), at least it won't be as locked down.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be nice if Apple could create a device without all the built in limitations. An SD slot, multitasking, and playing xvid would help.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pliskron said:
I'd be nice if Apple could create a device without all the built in limitations. An SD slot, multitasking, and playing xvid would help.

Why bother, when competitors already do it and charge less for them? Apple has a pretty good market with all the people dumb enough to buy their hardware based on image alone; they're simply milking it for all its worth. You've got to at least give them credit for that... while most companies want to make a profit, not many have the balls to go about it quite so hypocritically and blantantly as Apple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small