1. 5,597

Front-page
    Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla delivers massive day one player engagement.

Critically acclaimed as “Ubisoft’s best Assassin's Creed to date", Assassin’s Creed Valhalla doubles Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s players on launch day.

Today, Ubisoft announced exceptional player activity for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the latest iteration of the Assassin’s Creed franchise, released on 10th November. The number of active players on launch day for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla doubled that of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, a trend that is expected to continue as sales of the new generation of consoles increase. A testament to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla delivering on players’ expectations for its fascinating world and immersive narrative, the game has reached high levels of viewership and engagement on Twitch and YouTube that surpass any Ubisoft game launch to date.

“We are humbled by the reception from the players and extremely proud of what our teams have accomplished with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, which builds on the amazing success of its predecessors,” said Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft co-founder and CEO. “In the context of COVID-19, shipping Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on no less than seven platforms is an incredible achievement for all of the teams involved around the world. We are excited to greet players on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 with a game that unleashes the power of the new hardware. This paves the way for an exciting Christmas period, with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla set to be one of this season’s biggest hits.”

assassins-creed-valhalla-credit-ubisoft@2000x1270-3-1.jpg

The successful launch of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla once again demonstrates Ubisoft’s achievement in continuing to drive the franchise forward. Since Assassin’s Creed Origins, Ubisoft set to reinvent the Assassin’s Creed experience starting with fight and player progression in Assassin’s Creed Origins and a brand-new take on narrative choice in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla builds on these two games to offer the ultimate Assassin’s Creed experience, one that will delight both longtime fans and newcomers to the franchise.

With development led by Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla offers players the captivating experience of playing as Eivor, a legendary Viking warrior, driven from Norway by endless wars and dwindling resources in ninth century AD. Players can relive the ruthless fighting style of Viking warriors with a revamped dual-wielding combat system and experience new gameplay features such as raids, assaults, and the settlement, as well as a revamped progression and gear upgrade system. Political alliances, combat decisions and dialogue choices can influence the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, so players must choose wisely to protect their clan’s home and their future.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation 4, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC, as well as on Stadia, Amazon Luna and Ubisoft’s subscription service, Ubisoft+. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will release on PlayStation 5 alongside the launch of the console on 12th November.

About Assassin’s Creed:
    Since it first launched in 2007, the Assassin’s Creed series has sold more than 140 million games worldwide. The franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series in video game history. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin’s Creed transcends video games, branching out into numerous other entertainment media.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
    :arrow: Assassin's Creed Official Site

2. Discussion (41 replies)

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
  4. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    That's what happens when you release a game when people are confined.

Scott_pilgrim and Payne like this.
  5. 3DSBricker

3DSBricker Daily Active Member

Netherlands
    I hope the XBox One will be supported for a long time. Some people have said the next releases will be for both. But I also heard Series S and X can also play One games. 360 games and OG games.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  6. alexander1970

alexander1970 History repeats itself...

Austria
    The Prices,nobody speaks about the Prices for the different Packages...

smiley_emoticons_megaeek.gif

7. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
    I saw it in the Xbox Store. It was above the 100 Euros iirc. I think the cheapest will be around 80/90 Euros.

felix.200 and alexander1970 like this.
  8. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    But it have Denuvo so no thanks

9. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
    You mean online activation? Oh... Then I need to buy it. Let's hope it'll come to Game Pass.

10. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    Too bad the game is worse than Odyssey

Scott_pilgrim, felix.200 and Axido like this.
  11. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
    Why do you think that?

12. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    So, Ubisoft is trying to tell me that the best-selling game of an iconic game series is a game without any of the elements that made it iconic. How ironic.

13. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    Never understood how vikings fit in assassins creed

14. smileyhead

smileyhead I like cute stuff.

Hungary
    Why the all-caps?

15. SilverWah

SilverWah GG Xrd Rev 2 best game period.

Netherlands
    My little brother got the Xbox One version and I straight up said: 'Have fun on sub 900p with variable framerates'.

16. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Didn't know assassin's creed was so popular. Never liked the game play much, the first one made me want to throw myself out of my window. Only one I liked was the 4th because the ship part was cool.

17. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Japan
    poor folks that preordered over hype, game is as crappy as origin and odyssey.

18. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Still better than RDR2 and TLOU2

19. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Was Odyssey a high water mark that people would want to compare things to?

I fail to see how they don't fit/can't be made to fit.

Right from the first game the Assassins are billed as one of a number of competing secret societies looking to influence the world. They insert themselves into places, though keep themselves nominally apart, wherever they might be and take actions accordingly. The vikings/norse in general then being a great choice if you want to influence history -- invasions, settling, mercenaries, variously paid to stay away...

20. ChronoTrig

ChronoTrig Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Not many new gen games to choose from and people wanted to see "next gen graphics" right away

21. Sansgaming420

Sansgaming420 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    All these games look the same, Ubisoft open world games are basically made in a factory.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Assassin’s, Odyssey’s, Valhalla