iPad problem. Part of my touch screen doesn't respond

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had some relatives to get me an iPad from America to Greece 4 days ago. Yesterday I realized that a certain part of my touch screen doesn't respond Image: http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj188/G...pg?t=1278518716 I made this line in order to show the "dead line" ... When I try to move an app from the dock to the upper part of the screen it stucks on this line and apparently the app goes to its former spot. This line also exists on both portrait and landscape mode. In landscape mode it remains where it is on portrait. So I can't move apps from the left part of the screen to the right one. I tried several apps and when I tried drawing I could draw everywhere, except on this line. I tried restoring the system but the problem is still there... Its weird because I haven't dropped any water or hitted my iPad at all... Help???

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should send it to apple. :/
I guess that's all you can do without ruining the warranty
tongue.gif

Well maybe except cleaning the screen or whatever.
But this was too obvious to have helped you I guess.

But whatever, good luck
smile.gif

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I tried restoring it... of course I wiped it, and I'm making this post because I live in Greece and the Ipad is from America... and iPad hasn't been released on Greece. It's pretty hard sending it to America again...

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the iPad even considered a console?

If restoring does not work, and you do not want to void your warranty, looks like you have to pay to have it shipped back to the US. If you don't mind me asking, why did you order an iPad from the US when you live in Greece, and yes I read it is not released in Greece yet, couldn't you have waited?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
caster62003 said:

If restoring does not work, and you do not want to void your warranty, looks like you have to pay to have it shipped back to the US. If you don't mind me asking, why did you order an iPad from the US when you live in Greece, and yes I read it is not released in Greece yet, couldn't you have waited?
Because the iPad is popular enough that foreigners can't wait for it. I was in Egypt a few weeks ago when I saw someone with an iPad; he had come from Kuwait. He said that he had paid 1000 dollars for his.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
id say unlucky dude as it sounds like u got a dud one

i picked mine up for £529.00 (16gb Wi-Fi + 3G)
there not very BIG here in UK
was no ques at all on day of release

just walked in asked and they had loads

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caster62003 said:

Because Apple sucks in Greece. We have no Apple stores (only apple service) and we allways get all Apple products last. Apart from that the Greek app store has few apps and the Greek Itunes lets you buy only music and not Tv shows and music. Generally Apple sucks over here

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gullwing said:
Because Apple sucks in Greece. We have no Apple stores (only apple service) and we allways get all Apple products last. Apart from that the Greek app store has few apps and the Greek Itunes lets you buy only music and not Tv shows and music. Generally Apple sucks over here
Apple sucks everywhere.

Derp.
highu.png

And if software doesn't solve the problem then there's definitely something wrong with the hardware itself.

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh now I get it... Some days ago I jailbroke my ipad and insstalled Navigon, a navigator app and I tried typing an adress and suddenly my ipad started typing letters by its own. that's when the problem started. So yesterday I tried typing in Safari and the same thing happened. After that my problem was solved. But today I launched Navigon again but the letter thing didn't occur... So now I'm having the same problem.. I tried typing in safari but nothing happens... Its odd because I restored my ipad but the problem persisted

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This may sound a bit odd, but did you just use iTunes's Restore button, or did you put it in Recovery Mode (or DFU Mode)? My friend tried clicking "Restore" to remove his jailbreak tracks, and couldn't. I had to put it in Recovery Mode to do so.

If you wanna give Recovery Mode a shot, turn off your iPad. Then, hold down the Home button while connecting it to your computer.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't need to have calibration support since the screen reacts to the part where your skin touches it, it would need calibration if the image was a projection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte