Review iPad 3rd Generation, Hands on- Launch event.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I was in particular stunned by the display. It's significantly sharper, crispier and more vibrant. The Retina Display really blows the iPad 2 out of the water.

How was the launch event? It doesnt seem so crowded in the vid :P
Are you at the Grand Central Store? :O

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and it is already jailbroken untetherd... Apple FAILS AGAIN! (jailbreak not released to the public yet....)

it looks good though... but i still like the ipad 1G more.... it looks more solid.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
and it is already jailbroken untetherd... Apple FAILS AGAIN! (jailbreak not released to the public yet....)

it looks good though... but i still like the ipad 1G more.... it looks more solid.
Source? Heck, A5X is a new chip!!! :O

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Nobody said if it's untethered or not. Also, in this case Apple's "fail" is good for the end users.
You make it seem like being jailbreakable is a bad thing. I actually think it is more of a reason to buy one.

Reactions: 2 people

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Nobody said if it's untethered or not. Also, in this case Apple's "fail" is good for the end users.
You make it seem like being jailbreakable is a bad thing. I actually think it is more of a reason to buy one.
What he means is that Apple fails in their security.

But yes, it's good for the end users. However chances are I won't jailbreak the new iPad (when I get mine) as it already has (almost) everything I need.

Besides Siri and WA :glare:

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have any of my iOS devices jailbroken anymore. I don't see much use for me. I just want my iOS devices to work well.

If I want to mod and customize a device, I'll customize my Galaxy Nexus.

I like stock iOS on the iPad and don't see much reason to jailbreak it anymore.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't have any of my iOS devices jailbroken anymore. I don't see much use for me. I just want my iOS devices to work well.
In other words, I don't want emulation or homebrew on my iDevice at all.

...because I can do it with relative ease and without worrying about someone making a fuss out of it.

Besides everything homebrewed ever.

I mean, I know it's an opinion, it just sounds a bit "blind". There's tons of reasons as to why one would jailbreak a device.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Am I the only one who doesn't like emulation on iOS devices? The quality isn't that good.

At most I'll jb for Siri, but yeah. That's about it.

Reactions: 1 person

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I too was stunned by the Retina Display when I first powered up my iPad 3. I was also pleased with the speed of Verizon's LTE network on this thing (it blows my home connection out of the water).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I too was stunned by the Retina Display when I first powered up my iPad 3. I was also pleased with the speed of Verizon's LTE network on this thing (it blows my home connection out of the water).
LTE, Y U NO WORLD READY.

I'll prepare a review of the new iPad. Get ready peeps, it's coming soon. I have yet to get my set so I can't do it now. My gosh. I make lots of empty promises on reviews. I still have not done my PSV review!

But the new iPad really has a LOT of stuff for me to write. :P

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What the....iFish has an android device?!?! :O

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In other words, I don't want emulation or homebrew on my iDevice at all.

...because I can do it with relative ease and without worrying about someone making a fuss out of it.

Besides everything homebrewed ever.

I mean, I know it's an opinion, it just sounds a bit "blind". There's tons of reasons as to why one would jailbreak a device.
On my personal device, I have everything I want/need without being jailbroken.
I can see why somebody would jailbreak. I just personally don't do it anymore.

Also, I'd like to add that I didn't customize my Galaxy Nexus much either. I just rooted it and converted it to the Google model.

My iPad is basically: light web browsing, Twitter, YouTube, some games for car rides and plane stuff and email. I don't think I am missing anything to need a jailbreak on my iPad.

And yes, I do have an Android device.

http://cl.ly/0z05380T2c2g1p1E2X3b

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh yeah iFish, I know that. I just see a degree of inconsistency - you don't mind modding an Android device but at the same time you don't see the benefits of modding an Apple one despite the fact that both essentially do the same things.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah iFish, I know that. I just see a degree of inconsistency - you don't mind modding an Android device but at the same time you don't see the benefits of modding an Apple one despite the fact that both essentially do the same things.
Since on my tablet I just want it to work. Zippy and snappy right out of the box. I like to get updates ASAP(Something Android still doesn't have unless you get a Nexus, and even then, only the Googles ones, not hte ones managed by Samsung).

On my phone, I don't mind tinkering since I don't mind breaking something and having it out of order for a few days.

Reactions: 2 people

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Source? Heck, A5X is a new chip!!! :O

http://www.redmondpi...by-i0n1c-video/
http://www.redmondpi...0n1c-and-chpwn/

sorry, i forgot the source :)

The fact that apple did fail to secure their own software is pretty embarrasing for apple. Yes, acording to me a jailbreaked iDevice is more useful than a vanilla iDevice. But Apple still failed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Doesn't GBAtemp consist of those types of newcomers? :unsure: